I will tell my story,, My symptoms started in May 2019 a little tingling and weakness in the thumb and it started to gradually increase in October of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radi roze

Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
7/2020
Country
PL
State
PL
City
Abu Dis
I will tell my story,, My symptoms started in May 2019 a little tingling and weakness in the thumb and it started to gradually increase in October of the year 2019 I had a slight difficulty in writing and the difficulty began to increase in the winter of 2020 and I faced some hand and muscle cramps in the lower spine in the month of March 2020 In the month of May 2020 there was atrophy Simple in the palm of the hand between the thumb and forefinger, and the weakness of the hand increased, and in the 7th month of the same year, I was diagnosed with AL. What do you think, friends?

Hello-

We are sorry you have reason to post here. We will try to help if we can.

Are you saying you have been diagnosed with ALS? Have you had an EMG test?

Once again, welcome.

no !! I only underwent one time

I am still not sure what happened and what you are asking.

i think you said after experiencing increasing weakness in one hand over a couple of years along with atrophy someone diagnosed you with ALS?

when you answered no to Fiona which question was no ? The diagnosis wasn’t made or you didn’t have an emg?

if you were diagnosed with ALS was it by a neurologist? to diagnose ALS you need to have both certain things on exam and an emg that shows damage. If you didn’t have a neurologist and an emg can you get those where you live?

This is what is included in a report from a neurologist in July 2020

Attachments

• CEE4D44B-1836-45A9-A59C-3F067B9B0D5F.jpeg
    CEE4D44B-1836-45A9-A59C-3F067B9B0D5F.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 344
This is a concerning report, but it would be helpful to see the actual table of data, and it is not in itself a diagnosis. What is the plan going forward?

I deleted the photos because your name was on them. The NCS was completely normal. There was no table of EMG findings -- it was blank. So there is nothing else to say without that. But if this is from 2020 and you are still OK, that certainly is an argument against ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back