Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I have a friend who is a writer and religious historian. He has a talk radio show every Sunday afternoon and I was his guest today!

My friend is an atheist so I was a little apprehensive about having a 30-minute conversation with him, live, on air!!!!!

It went well. I was able to advocate for ALS. He wants me back on the show again. I think I did about 90% of the talking. He was very gracious.

After the show, he volunteered to get me some organic melons at the farmer's market and deliver them to me next week!

When I came home, I went in the pool for 30 minutes. The water was 85 and it was sunny and warm.

Today was a good day.

Glad to hear you had a good day Kim. I would have loved to have heard you on the radio. Had to read twice your comment about your friend being a " religious historian " and an " atheist ".... an interesting concept. Kate

Yea, he wrote the book "Religion for Dummies" and at least 20 other books on factual religion and also religious fiction. He's a great guy.

So good to hear you had a good time! I'm sure you were super!

Angie

Fantastic Kim!

I don't suppose it can be listened to online?

Whenever I've been on the radio I make sure I at least tape it so I can listen back to it later on :)

I will have to get his book for dummies after that glowing recommendation.

Kim, is there a podcast of your radio appearance? Not sure if your pal throws his show up onto the internet, but I would be interested to hear it.

It is a live show and it can be streamed (a cousin from Dallas streamed it.) I've already been invited back on the show. Not sure if I'll do it again or not. The station is only about 8 miles north of me, right on the beach. Truthfully, I'd rather be on the beach :)

I'll post it if I go back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back