Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
I have a friend who is a writer and religious historian. He has a talk radio show every Sunday afternoon and I was his guest today!

My friend is an atheist so I was a little apprehensive about having a 30-minute conversation with him, live, on air!!!!!

It went well. I was able to advocate for ALS. He wants me back on the show again. I think I did about 90% of the talking. He was very gracious.

After the show, he volunteered to get me some organic melons at the farmer's market and deliver them to me next week!

When I came home, I went in the pool for 30 minutes. The water was 85 and it was sunny and warm.

Today was a good day.

KateEmerson

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
MA
Glad to hear you had a good day Kim. I would have loved to have heard you on the radio. Had to read twice your comment about your friend being a " religious historian " and an " atheist ".... an interesting concept. Kate

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
Yea, he wrote the book "Religion for Dummies" and at least 20 other books on factual religion and also religious fiction. He's a great guy.

Angiegal

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
So good to hear you had a good time! I'm sure you were super!

Angie

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Fantastic Kim!

I don't suppose it can be listened to online?

Whenever I've been on the radio I make sure I at least tape it so I can listen back to it later on :)

KateEmerson

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
MA
I will have to get his book for dummies after that glowing recommendation.

ShiftKicker

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
CA
State
BC
Kim, is there a podcast of your radio appearance? Not sure if your pal throws his show up onto the internet, but I would be interested to hear it.

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
It is a live show and it can be streamed (a cousin from Dallas streamed it.) I've already been invited back on the show. Not sure if I'll do it again or not. The station is only about 8 miles north of me, right on the beach. Truthfully, I'd rather be on the beach :)

I'll post it if I go back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.