Not open for further replies.

anna1980

Country
pol
State
albrzych
City
walbrzych
Hi, I'm 26 girl from Poland.I am scared to death bacause Im probably have ALS.My problems started in mai this year with a horrible headaches.I felt like all my muscles of my head and face gripping so strong.It was every 24/7 till september.Ive done MRI and other medicals.No one knows why and what was that.Now since the half of september i feel my muscles on my hands, abdomn and legs are very wick.Atfer these appeared pain of my aye balls, first right then my left.At the same time i started to feel cramps on my right chick, right hand and leg-sometimes itching.Now i have problems with my left back part tongue its hard to put the food to throat and swollow.Im sure Im ALS and Im so scared.all my muscles are moving, i feel pain of my both side of tongue and legs musceles.Im so scared,what do you think about these symptoms?

Hi Anna -

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I don't know what to think of all your symptoms but I can understand why you are scared. Have you seen a neurologist who specializes in ALS or Motor Neuron Diseases? Maybe that could help you get some answers.

Liz

Since my headaches Ive been to 5 neuro, last week I ve been to one (but there was no problem with my tongue).Im going to see my neuro tommorow.Is it possible in ALS, that i feel pain on my tongue?It feels like very cold air on my ton., specially when I smoke?Is it a common symptom?Please Ill be very thankful for any replys.And what about eyes, it started with a horrible pain of my aye ball (?).Have you heard about familiar symptoms in this illness?

Hi Anna,

I think you better wait and see what your neuro says. I've never heard of some of those symptoms in ALS, but I'm not a doctor.

God luck and let us know.

Hi anna Sorry you are so scare The symptons could be anything It doesnt sound like ALS . You must see a als doctor to know for sure Mygraines can cause all types of symtoms Good Luck Pat

anna1980 said:
Hi, I'm 26 girl from Poland.I am scared to death bacause Im probably have ALS.My problems started in mai this year with a horrible headaches.I felt like all my muscles of my head and face gripping so strong.It was every 24/7 till september.Ive done MRI and other medicals.No one knows why and what was that.Now since the half of september i feel my muscles on my hands, abdomn and legs are very wick.Atfer these appeared pain of my aye balls, first right then my left.At the same time i started to feel cramps on my right chick, right hand and leg-sometimes itching.Now i have problems with my left back part tongue its hard to put the food to throat and swollow.Im sure Im ALS and Im so scared.all my muscles are moving, i feel pain of my both side of tongue and legs musceles.Im so scared,what do you think about these symptoms?

Hi Ann,

Headaches are almost never the first signs of ALS. That is not to say that people with headaches don't have ALS, but it is usually one of the last signs of ALS, when your breathing muscles get so weak, that there is too much carbon dioxide in your blood, and you will first notice it when you wake up in the morning, and as your lung's vital capacity gets down to around 30% of normal, you will have bad headaches all day, and must make a decision if you want to go on some kind of ventilation, like Bipap, or a tracheotomy. Do you have breathing problems?

If your muscles are moving, do mean that your muscles are twitching, or in other words, moving involuntarily (without your help), and does this happen, only when you are laying down, or does it stop if you stand or walk?

Eye problems can be a sign of ALS, but in addition to pain, they should feel dry. Do they feel dry too?

If you are having a hard time putting food down your throat and swallow, it could mean ALS, but it could also be Myasthenia Gravis and other neurologic conditions.

Does the pain on both side of your tongue and legs muscles change during the day, or is the pain constant? In almost all cases of ALS, the muscles will cramp, and will give you pain, but not all day long.

I understand why you are scared, but try and relax. Maybe I can help you more, if you can answer my questions.

Conrad

Now since morning I dont feel pain in my muscles.But its getting worse, abut hour ago rest of my right side of tongue started to be under controll.God is it possible?It was only hal an hour to make it!

My muscles twitching me always when im laying or sitting, never when Im walking.After a lot of exercise ifeel my muscles like I was doing exercise for a week.Terribly tired. This this that kind of pain, no cramps.

And my tongue like somebody puts the needle into it,like a cold touche.

My eyes dont feel dry.

Im terrified becose if it will happen with my other side, I feel the same pain, i wont be able to speak!It took only 5 days!What do u think abot it?

It sounds like your having an anxiety attack on top of everything else .Do you have a family a doctor a friend Please call an tell someone PLEASE Pat:confused:

Hi Pat

Hi Pat, How are you doing? Haven't heard from you for awhile. Stephanie asked about you too. Did you get everything sraightened out?Fondly, Beebe

Hi Anna,

Hi Anna, Where do you live? Do you have family close by? Please let us know what the Neuro. has to say. My Best to you, Beebe

Hi Beebe everything ok had some problem logging in Arms are very weak happened all of a suddden I was good for 6 years only slurred speech now its in my arms I thought slurred speech was bad but lossing my ability to cook serve and dress is far worse But I am still lucky it took a long time and the doctors are puzzled why half of the docyors out there are clueless when it comes to the brain. and I will not let this get to me Pat

I have friends and family, but they are scared more than I.Is it possible to progress so fast (i mean my bulbar symptoms).For only a week-so bad?Im depressed.I cant stop crying, why me Im only 26 - so many plans, dreams and now everything ends.I alwayes wanted to have children and home....God why?

anna

i wish to all the gods there was something i could do for you. other then listen with compassion and tell you my symptoms came on like a run-a-way train. it seems like nothing is consistant with these neurological diseases. i am in the latter stages, but i am older and have a liftime of history to give me comfort with my exit. i feel for your situation more then i can express, life is very unfair, you should be given your time.

cartman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back