00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Hallandale
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin I am 19 and I have been having ALS symptoms for the past 3 months

It started with my bottom lip and hands feelings numb while driving one day. It got so bad that I had to pull over and call my mom to pick me up. After that every time I drove or went to church I would have episodes of this. I later figured out that it was whenever I talked a lot that this would happen. Since I’m always either talking or singing in the car and praying a lot in the church.
Throughout the first month that would happen and I would have paresthesia on my whole left arm mainly my finger tips.
My symptoms have been a tight throat that has not gone away for a weak maybe close to two.
My joint are abnormally cracking and have been noticed by others
I have a raspy voice which was also noticed by others and sometimes feel as if my tongue is numb or heavy but haven’t gotten slurred speech also I constantly feel like someone is choking me and it sometimes becomes difficult to breath I also want to add that occasionally I would feel pressure on my nasal area like between my eyes that when it gets bad I feel my whole head and face heavy
My muscles twitch all over my body, I have paresthesia on my left hand constantly, I realized that when I speak a lot my lip or kind of chin area goes numb as well as my hands starting with the left one and progressing to the right. Usually when I rest my legs feel very ticklish kind of weak and they start twitching a lot I also want to add that when I sometimes pick something up with my left hand I get a little electric rush threw my hand to my spine.

I went to the doctor and she said I could have a nerve disease and sent me to the neurologist. I am currently waiting for my neurologist appointment which is in more than a month and my symptoms seem to be progressing. My throat pressure seems to be getting worst. I feel as it is progressing to my toung and will sometimes give me a raspy voice. It’s becoming more difficult to breath and when I swallow I feel like there is something in my throat. I find my face twitching a lot and (I found that my bottom lip likes twitching more) as well as every muscle in my body but mainly my face and my right leg. My hands usually feel stiff as if they are cold. Could these be early progressing symptoms of ALS?

What really worried me is my throat and weakness and twitching feelings I have only been having noticeable symptoms for 3 months

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read I’ve been hesitating on posting because I do not want to waste anybody’s time any information would help thank you.

The good news is that you are not having ALS symptoms, so just slow down a bit.
It's interesting when reading your symptoms that every time you mention a symptom that could point slightly towards ALS you say, but I haven't gotten that ...
So you have a bunch of stuff happening, but it is likely to be something either treatable, or simply benign.

Have a good read here to help you work through this and let us know after you have seen the neurologist. You have some weeks now to work on reducing stress, eating well, exercising to your level and working on balance in your life.

Those are not ALS symptoms. Please see above response to your post as affected has given excellent advice. Good luck to you.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and reading my symptoms. reading this did make me slow down I just got worried because my ankles feel really weak and my tongue feels tender with twitching on my bottom lip and on my calf and thigh. But I’ll keep this updated whenever I go to the neurologist thank you

Great, thanks for replying.
Hopefully you really took in the point that PALS don't feel really weak or tender - they simply find parts of their bodies fail despite feeling normal. All the very best as your work through this with your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back