00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Florence
Hello,

sorry to bother anyone. But I am a single mother, 28, and terrified of my daughter growing up without a mother.

started with on and off tightness, burning pain on my left shoulder muscle that goes up to the back of my neck. This has been going on for 2 months now, started 2 weeks being DX WITH Covid-19.

3 weeks after virus,

started experiencing muscle twitches ALL OVER my body. They are getting worse but it’s literally everywhere.

left hand is extremely shaky but functional.

body felt extremely weak and sore, but still Able to do every day activities.

tingling/ numbness in hands and legs on and off.

woke up twice with jaw trembling.

right thigh seems a bit smaller than the left.

nuero appt in 3 weeks. Please help

Do the hands or legs look like muscle wastage? My left hand is so shaky today

Also have bad anxiety over this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 458
pictures are hard to evaluate but those look fine. Your symptoms don’t sound like ALS and neurologic symptoms are quite common post Covid

Hi there-

I'm sure you've read that Covid can sometimes have neurological complications- this would be more likely, given the timing. I also direct you to the link: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms . It contains a lot of helpful and reassuring information. You report pain and sensory stuff, which points away from ALS as well.

Best of luck with your neuro appt in 3 weeks. Please let us know how things go.

Also did not mention, have had a few electric shock feelings and burning. And a few balance issues

Still not ALS symptoms. I am sure the neuro will reassure you

The twitching has not stopped.
I have a terrible pain going from the base of my neck down my left arm.
Left hand feels a bit weak and has a tremor.
Knees have buckled a couple of times in the past few weeks but I have not fell.
Terrible head aches and loss of balance, dizziness as well.
Went to my PCP and she ran blood work. Does this sound anything like ALS?

Again, no. I trust your PCP talked about staying hydrated, eating healthy, focusing on safe exercise, rest, sleep. I hope you feel better soon.

Best,
Laurie

I do all of those things.

Great!
It's important to remember that feeling better isn't an overnight thing. Whatever is stressing your body, whether COVID or not, didn't happen overnight, either.

The good news is, you're almost certainly in the wrong place here. Try to focus on other things while you wait for your appointment.

Thank you. I am so nervous because my left hand has been feeling very weak. I feel like my grip is also off. When I take off a pill cap it drops, and my thumb has a bit of a tremor on that hand. Is that considered failure? Because it sure feels like it.

Are balance issues ALS?

pain in my hand and also ankle and leg?

No and no.

The people who question whether they have ALS and actually do have a significant, noticeable failure to perform daily activities that they never had to think about before. Fortunately, that is not your story.

Tremors and twitches in fine motor movements often suggest a systemic illness (possibly post-viral as we have discussed); and/or shortfalls in diet, hydration, and exercise, which you say you do not have; and/or anxiety/stress that makes you think more about these things (which is not surprising when you don't feel yourself, but has its own power).

When you feel like your heart is racing, you feel generally unwell, and something different hurts from minute to minute, these are all things that signify other explanations.

When is your neuro appointment?

I’m sorry to post again and I will leave after this time but I am truly going crazy. My symptoms are

music twitching
A bit of a scalloped tongue
Woke with jaw tremor and chattering teeth three times
Body tremors
My knees buckled a few times but I never fell
Balance issues
Tingling and numbness in legs and hands
Burning pain
Muscle soreness all over the body
A couple times when I went to grab something it took me twice but I didn’t “fail” to grab it - is that considered failure?
Left hand feels stiff and so does my ankle
A few times had electric shocks in the body

If you had "failure," you wouldn't have to ask for a definition. You are only stressing yourself. Live your life. Follow an exercise video or join an online group. Act as if. You'll be surprised at how much better you can feel.

Please be aware that this is not an anxiety forum and it's not constructive to continue to list symptoms that we have already said do not fit an ALS pattern.

I didn’t say it was an anxiety form. I’m anxious because of my symptoms.

I also feel like my right leg has atrophy.

Attachments

• D1612D30-2FF0-46CF-93FA-B11C038396C7.jpeg
    D1612D30-2FF0-46CF-93FA-B11C038396C7.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back