Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that, I will use that in my upper body and lower. Ran errands today and my feet and ankles were killing me and had to stop and my mom asked what is wrong and I just dont have any answers, sooooooo-------my new thing is that it is a pinched nerve! much more easily explained than anything else!

Wright!

first of all who do you think you are? telling my friend Ashley that she is playing google MD. because you want to know something Wright, a few other members and I have known Ashley since she came on the forum, and she is not a neurotric, crazy, self diagnosed. person. She does have a neurological disorder, and has declined. Dont you have something treatable Wright? I know members who have as much knowledge, if not more than you, and do not treat others this way.. And Wright and if you go back and look at my post I was told know ALS, as were many other members.. Now look at the nightmare I am living, a 8 month old daughter who I have to worry about taking care of. I know your knowledgable but the new members seem to think you are the only one in the know, and this is not true. If I did not have a family that I had to take care of we would be having fighting words, since you come on you have become the end all to be all, and have made me feel not welcome, and how dare you say my friend Lori was just anxious and such, put she has positive sharp waves and fibs, and went to see her brother Tim with als, and it was devastating. The people on here who have helped others my darling friends Lori, Annmarie, Grandpa Al, Cindy M, Ashley, Mt Pockets, Jamiet, Pat1, Jimmercat, Bebe, Crystal K, Mama, Jackiemax, Geo, Olly, these people were here when I came to this forum, and they cared even when it looked like I had something else. It is easy for you with a diagnosed. and a treatable condition to comfort others, but yourself in the shoes they are walking in... Favorable diagnosed. is like the lottery.. Enought said.. Jenny

Zaphoon,
You have me laughing again. My mother will call me every day for the next two weeks to find out what else I know and every day I am going to say, "It's probably just a PINCHED NERVE."
THANKS!

Jenni,

Thanks for the nice comment. I actually sat here and snorted and giggled through the thing as I was posting.

Zaphoon

first of all who do you think you are? telling my friend Ashley that she is playing google MD. because you want to know something Wright, a few other members and I have known Ashley since she came on the forum, and she is not a neurotric, crazy, self diagnosed. person. She does have a neurological disorder, and has declined. Dont you have something treatable Wright? I know members who have as much knowledge, if not more than you, and do not treat others this way.. And Wright and if you go back and look at my post I was told know ALS, as were many other members.. Now look at the nightmare I am living, a 8 month old daughter who I have to worry about taking care of. I know your knowledgable but the new members seem to think you are the only one in the know, and this is not true. If I did not have a family that I had to take care of we would be having fighting words, since you come on you have become the end all to be all, and have made me feel not welcome, and how dare you say my friend Lori was just anxious and such, put she has positive sharp waves and fibs, and went to see her brother Tim with als, and it was devastating. The people on here who have helped others my darling friends Lori, Annmarie, Grandpa Al, Cindy M, Ashley, Mt Pockets, Jamiet, Pat1, Jimmercat, Bebe, Crystal K, Mama, Jackiemax, Geo, Olly, these people were here when I came to this forum, and they cared even when it looked like I had something else. It is easy for you with a diagnosed. and a treatable condition to comfort others, but yourself in the shoes they are walking in... Favorable diagnosed. is like the lottery.. Enought said.. Jenny

Jenny, I miss you! How are you doing? I am getting so much worse! I can barly lift my arms up past my head, when i do try to hold them up they start trembling so bad. My shirts will not stay on my shoulders any more. Its so hard for me to walk up and down the stairs to! I am use to the twiches now but the tongue ones are a little more annoying. I end up biting my tongue sometime to and it sucks. Please tell me you are not getting that much worse? I want to come visit you soon! You have become such a great friend jenny, really you have!

Ashley

Please calm down. It appears you have anxiety and anger issues. Are you still in counseling?
I don't think this should be a place to attack a person. Wright does try to help and I for one really appreciate his medical knowledge. I also appreciate someone who calls it as it is. I like friends in my life who tell me when I need to "chillax" and who give me hope.
Hope is a choice, just like love is.

Heeeeey Jenny!

just a shout out girl!

ooh, I like that idea zaphoon.

A pinched nerve- sounds great to me! I'm challenging my neuro to proove to me that I really have ALS too. On that subject, I've made my list of "changes" for my second ALS clinic visit next week. The first one was 7/1/08, and I'm tickled to say NOTHING is really any different!

My speech is still slurred, I can still get people to laugh when I tell them it's not because I've been drinking too many strawberry margaritas, and I'm still working 4 days a week as a nurse.

the best part is in a short 4 more weeks, I will have finished my bachelor's degree!

way to go kiddo!
brenda

Brenda,

You are to be commended! Congratulations on your forthcoming degree!

My next visit to the neuro is in 2 weeks. I believe this time, they'll find my "pinched nerve". At least, I hope so. I'm going to suggest they look between L4 & L5 (a good a place as any).

Hope your visit is pleasant and informative!

Zaphoon

thanks so much!

I only hope I can manage to type up my last assignment for class before next Tues, it is due the same day I go to clinic.

I will wrap up the class this weekend,
Thanks again for the well wishes!
brenda

ScaredofALS

I guess you were too busy with your psycho babble (what the heck are you talking about by the way, you made no sense at all) to actually comprehend what Wright was saying. I would suggest hooked-on-phonics for the future.
I'll type slowly so you can understand. He didn't once say that there is nothing wrong with Ashley. He "took exception" (look that phrase up so you know what it means) to Ashley saying she had ALS when she wasn't diagnosed and was told she didn't have it by a neuro. If I was a newcomer on this forum, that would have scared the crap out of me. What exactly did that accomplish by saying that? I'm still trying to figure it out.
No one on here knows their stuff better than Wright so babble what you want but the proof is in the pudding. All I have seen you do is come on here every so often and rant and rave in your posts, like you're some kind of a coo coo clock. Sorry about your diagnosis but that doesn't give you an excuse for your unfounded attacks.

Brenda,

Congrats on your degree!
I would definately challenge the nuero with your diagnosed..... You seemed to get diagnosed very fast, please forgive me but I forget your whole story. I know you have speech problems and beleive someone in your family had ALS. But other than that do you have anything else going on. Did anything show your emg's?

ScaredofALS

I guess you were too busy with your psycho babble (what the heck are you talking about by the way, you made no sense at all) to actually comprehend what Wright was saying. I would suggest hooked-on-phonics for the future.
I'll type slowly so you can understand. He didn't once say that there is nothing wrong with Ashley. He "took exception" (look that phrase up so you know what it means) to Ashley saying she had ALS when she wasn't diagnosed and was told she didn't have it by a neuro. If I was a newcomer on this forum, that would have scared the crap out of me. What exactly did that accomplish by saying that? I'm still trying to figure it out.
No one on here knows their stuff better than Wright so babble what you want but the proof is in the pudding. All I have seen you do is come on here every so often and rant and rave in your posts, like you're some kind of a coo coo clock. Sorry about your diagnosis but that doesn't give you an excuse for your unfounded attacks.

And this is not an attack? This post was alot worst the anything jenny had to say, i am sorry. I never meant to scare anyone really, i have been on this board for almost 2 years and alot of people are very familer with my story. I just have been off for a while and wanted to check back in and give everyone an update, although i think i have als i used the wrong thread title and went about expressing myself the wrong way. Wright has a right for her voice to be heard as do i and jenny. You saying that no one knows there stuff better the wright is your opinion others might not feel the same. Jenny is a very smart girl who is going through a great deal of stuff right now including an als diagnose. I am sure you can understand that.

Ashley

I must have missed something...

The original post that began the thread from your friend stated they had ALS. However, your friend has yet to be diagnosed with ALS. Wright responds with a post saying he is tired of people claiming they have ALS without a diagnosis, and that a medical professional should make the diagnosis rather than the patient.

Recap:
Ashley - No Diagnosis, posts "I have ALS"
Wright - Tired of people claiming they have something although they are only experiencing symptoms (Makes sense). Thinks a post claiming ALS without a diagnosis could scare others with similar symptoms into thinking a diagnosis is imminent (Makes sense). Also, thinks it is a good idea for someone with training, knowledge, license, etc. to make that diagnosis rather than the person who is experiencing symptoms. (Makes sense).

Now if it was not for your family, you would want to have fighting words?

Al...

Perhaps you or Cindy would be able to change the thread title to: "I'm still afraid I could have ALS? " ... or, "Still no better" .... something (anything) else in subject title to keep those that might not read the post that carefully, from assuming there was a diagnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back