Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree -I got scared when I have read it. I told myself: damn, she had symtoms like me and now has DX...

constuctive avenue to pursue or peruse ...

(I was having a little fun with the post title, for those that are typing/spelling challenged as I sometimes can be,... I thought there was humor there that could be appreciated :)

QUOTE=crystalkk;58038]Ashley,

Have you ever had your PTH tested? Parathyroid disease is one of the things that mimic ALS.
Please google (Hyperparathyroid brisk reflexes) you will not believe what the symtoms are:

brisk reflexes of course
twiching even in the tongue
weakness
atrophy of proximal muscles (closest to the body)
and the list goes on

Please look into this before you self diagnosed yourself[/QUOTE]

Crystal

...very good suggestion Chrystal,especially the correlation of atrophy of muscles close in to the body, which is what Ashley is experiencing, but is not typical of ALS.

When you say proximal muscles are the muscles close to the body, why would only those muscles be affected? Do they have different nerves roots or something? I was just curious about this?

Ashley,

Have you ever had your PTH tested? Parathyroid disease is one of the things that mimic ALS.
Please google (Hyperparathyroid brisk reflexes) you will not believe what the symtoms are:

brisk reflexes of course
twiching even in the tongue
weakness
atrophy of proximal muscles (closest to the body)
and the list goes on

Please look into this before you self diagnosed yourself

Thanks for suggesting that but i looked it up and i didnt see anything about twiches or wasting with parathroid disease.
Ashley

Please google (Hyperparathyroid brisk reflexes)

You need to google it with brisk reflexes, or atrophy, etc.
If not you will get the moans, groans, ands stones part of the disease.

crystalkk,
Hey there, I don't know if I'm putting this in the right spot or not, seems to be a lot of short fuses here!
Anyway, my EMG that was done in May 07 showed some possible mild carpal tunnel and that was it. The neuro recommended physical therapy, I told him I didn't really have time for all that with 3 kids, 2 farms, going to school, oh, and working 40 hrs a week.
I will have another EMG on Tues, 10/28/08 with my new neuro, who gave me the diagnosed back in June this year. Can't wait for that big fun!
I'm still working, only about 32 hrs a week, still have 3 kids, 2 farms, and only 4 weeks of school left! yippee!
thanx so much,
talk soon,
brenda

I am going to change the title of this thread, as I think that was a good suggestion. It serves no good prupose to announce you have a such a disease until the doctors confirm it.

Thanks to all of you who had the foresight not to turn this into one big sniping session. Arguing amongst ourselves accomplishes nothing, in the long run.

Try to enjoy what is left of the nice weather, people. Al said is snowed a bit up north today...:smile:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back