I saw a glimpse of heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dorothy, thank you for that amazing story, I know you've told me bits of it before and I truly feel blessed to know you and Annie, along with the other forum family that we have here.

Thank you for sharing Toto! I had one also in Aug. 8, 2010. Complications of a severe allergic reaction to a med along with severly low potassium led to my heart and breathing to cease.

I had gone in because my chest hurt...couldn't explain it but knew something deep down was not right. Went to urgent care and they figured it was maybe just asthma attack b/c of shallow breathing and pain. SO they gave me epinephrine by a shot and sat me there with a breathing treatement. About 2 min. later, after they had left me in the room by myself, the nurse comes back to find me a pale gray color and he freaks out asking what is wrong. I can barely speak, my body has gone rigid, my thoat is closing, and I just say in a whisper 'i can't breathe'.

With that he runs out, gets the gp, who puts me on 100 percent of 02 while checking my 02 stats which continue to decline rapidly despite the o2 tank on at 100 percent. My body just goes into a fetal position, and I start to fall off the chair as he is screaming multiple times for someone to get a gurney and call 911. They must have been going slow because he kept yelling 'hurry! She is going to code on us!" Someone picked me up, put me on the gurney, and the last thing I remember in consciousness is someone saying 02 is 30 percent...and the sight of some manager person(they were in a suit) looking very very worried. Paramedics showed up, gave me 02 but I was so tight and clamped down they had a hard time getting 02 in me. Heart rate appartently went up to 240...A Fib.....then flat lined.

Somewhere between the urgent care and hospital, I heard a voice...it was a womens voice. And she simply said "let go...it's time to let go." So I did...I was at peace, I have never felt so calm in my life, and I just felt like everything was going to be fine. I finally was able to take a deep breath...and I woke up shaking and in pain in the ER after drs had brought me back with 02,steriods to counter the allergic reaction, and a potassium drip to get me back on track that way overnight.

I didn't tell them either, but did question if there was a woman talking to me between the er and the hospital..even an emt...there was not.

I will remember this day forever I suspect...especially as a result I now have a heart arrythmia that I have to take medication for everyday to help. my physical heart, will never be as strong...but my heart being close to God, will never be the same.

Beautiful story Dorothy. Just what I needed to hear at just the right time. God works in wonderful ways through wonderful people.

U too kel. Just wonderful. At just the perfect time.

Beauti, do you need to share. It seems your heart is troubled. I have felt that way many times in my life. If you feel the need please pm me.

Helen, it is I who am blessed to know everyone of you. GOD brought us together and we must make the most of it in HIS name.

Wish we had the like button
" like"

Amen Dear Dorothy!

Oh Toto such a wonderful story. I too know it is true. And you were truly Blessed!..Love You {{{HUGS}}

(Hope you get a chance to read my story on "Stories of Hope" some day).

Di,
I have not had a chance to read it but will do so now. I just pray that people understand the meaning behind my post. It was not done for attention that some people seem to need, but for the fact that even though our future here on earth may look bleak, we have a chance on having a wonderful eternal life through Christ Jesus. I for one will be waiting to go back and this time stay. I am glad GOD used me as HIS instrument to spread HIS good news. Even if I reach 1 person, I know my job was complete.

In HIS Love,

Toto

I just found this Toto....amazing and it explains all the changes I have seen in you....I had a similar experience when I was 5....asthma and double pneumonia....died and went into a soft glowing Light that to me was Jesus' love. I did not want to leave his arms, as I was sitting in his lap...but I had work to do, so back into my body I went. I was a totally different kid after this experience. Peaceful, joyful.....

This is for you Dorthy's Toto:

Attachments

• photo rainbow.jpg
    photo rainbow.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 241
Loved these stories!

Judy

Thank you, Sharon.

And although I may stumble, I know I will always land in HIS arms.

Toto

Toto, thank you for your beautiful post.....Sometimes when I begin to feel all hope is lost I know I can find comfort in God above. I truly believe that we will all be rejoicing one day together in heaven and I know for a fact that the best dancers will be all the people who have had ALS ! P.S., my husband is not really a good dancer now, but I know he will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back