I need your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been there done that

Jamie;
I was told by a local Neuro-doc that I might havev ALS, but that I might not. Not much help there. I was refered to the clinic in Houston, 300 miles from home and believe me that is the longest 300 miles on earth. When I got there, my anxiety level was off the chart. The people in Houston were among the most caring and understanding folks it has ever been my pleasure to know.
Yes they did give me the devestating news that indeed I did have ALS. They also gave me some very sage advice....you can have the disease BUT it cannot have you unless you let it.
If your news is bad, hang in there; look at every day as a new challenge and take delight in the victories you are able to achieve no matter how small and never forget you are not alone in your fight.
Good luck and God bless.....wm

Capt.

I go to Houston Also...see Dr. Simpson @ Dr. Appells group - Houston Methodist? Might we have the same doctors?

They are the nicest people in the world and they are doing the best they can and god bless them they are wonderful people. It's just the 100% thing that i was told. Hopefully they are right, they are the experts.

Capt. how did your diagnosed come about? Symptoms? how long from sympt to diagnosed?

Rgds,

jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back