Reason
PALS
Country
CANYON
State
IDAHO
City
2921 KINGSGATE DR
Hi Everyone. In Oct Of 05 They Told Me I Had Als. Now I Need A New Hip(not Do To Als)has Any One Out There Had To Have A New Hip? And If So How Did It Go? I Fell In Mexico In Feb And Brock My Hip. How They Say I Need To Have Redone. My Doc Here In The U.s Said They Did Not Do It Right.right Now I Can Not Walk Because Of The Pain.

I'm sorry to hear your having so much trouble. I know little about hip replacement much less the impact for someone with ALS. All I can offer is my sympathy which I hope is some small comfort.

Liz

Hi Barbstavern. Is your breathing compromised at all? I would think that would be the biggest concern about surgery with ALS. If you're going to do it I'd get it done as soon as possible so that you can heal while you are in reasonably good shape. I am making the assumption that with a recent diagnosis you are not too bad off yet. AL.

Hi Barbstavern. I am sorry to hear of you troubles. It seems you have been given double trouble! I hope you are able to find answers to your concerns. My Mom had a hip replacement the year she was DX'd with Alzheimer’s and the docs did have some special considerations for her case but I don't know if this is true for ALS. Best of luck and keep us updated on how thigns are with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back