Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
I went to see Tim tonight. He was so weak he didn't feel like my brothers
getting him up. So I went to the bedroom where he was. He is so extremly weak. I seen a weakness in his Eyes that I have not seen before.
I am in one of those Helpless/Grieving feeling modes. I can't help him get better. It is hurting me so bad inside . I cried all the way home and then some. I hate this disease ALS/MND'S.

I need Emotional and Physical Strength right now.

I don't like the way I feel. I am a Spiritual person. I don't doubt God. I just wish I didn't feel this deep.

Lorie:cry:

lorie

i am so sad to hear tim is not doing too well. how did his last neuro appointment go?
how is his swollowing? did you get my email for the interview thanking you?
sometimes we forget how bad this desease is also for the caregiver and family.
what you are feeling,the fact you are grieving like this is natural,i think its the worst type of grieving watching someone you love slowly fade away.
my heart goes out to you,you are a very special lady, i am always here for you if you need to talk. i hope your own health problems are not too bad.
god bless.
caroline:(

Very sorry to hear Tim is so weak Lorie!

Just know that there are others that are with you holding you up in their thoughts and prayers.

Take care of yourself and please let us know how you and your family are doing...

Lorie

Know that God is walking with you.

We dont always know what is to come, but we always know God is there for us.

I will keep you, Tim, and your family in my prayers.

Lorie, I know exactly how you feel I started to cry aftewr reading your post. I wish I had some words of wisdom to give you. I don't. I will ask God to help you. My son died because of ALS last year. I hope God takes him quick. Love to you. Brenda

I'll say special prayers for both of you.

Lorie, God bless you dear. I know you are in a lot of pain right now, and I pray that God leads the way. Lorie, is Tim in the hospital? Is that where you went to see him? If he is, have you asked the doctors what is going on? You see these people, docs, ems, hospice people........they all can tell when a person is departing. When my son started acting strangely, and very weak, I called the ambulance, the ems people told me it was time for him to go, and to call family. It was the hardest thing I had to do. The only ones home when this was taking place was me, my husband and my Rudy. I don't know, nor do I remember how I made it to the phone. I just know that I called my other son, Shannon, and I told him it was time for him to come to my house at once to say good bye to his brother. My son's voice was very, very sad, and he said, "Mom, I am on my way. Tell him I love him." It started at 5:00 or 6:00 pm on a Saturday. My house filled up with family in no time at all. My son was just laying there. I will never forget how he looked. How do we prepare ourselves for a child's departure? You can't! You just stay by his/her side, let your tears flow, feel your heart breaking, it is a pain that is felt in every fiber. I wish I knew what to tell you, but how do you explain the worst pain ever experienced in life? I am praying for you and Tim Lorie. May God be with you and your entire family. Talk to Tim, don't leave his side. These folks that are departing they may look comatose, but they can hear you, believe me they are aware of their sorroundings. If he is departing, he is aware of what is taking place, he is tired, just let him go Home. When my son was dying, I begged him not to hold on. It is hard to go through something like this. The other Cals that have lost their Pals know what I am talking about. Pray and ask our Father to give you strength. Take care of yourself Lorie, and ry to hold Tim as much as you can. Make him comfortable. God bless you all.

Peace be with you,
Irma

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Thanks to ALL!

Irma- Tim is not in the Hospital. He is home at Mom's. When he was at the Hospital last week I had them do a swallowing test, yes he is starting to have light aspiration. I was with my uncle four years ago this summer when he passed from Cancer. I was the only person he had. I was with him the whole time. I know how they look toward the end. I am sorry for the Heartbreak you have had. And I know it still hurts. Thank you.

Caroline- Tim has not went back to the Neuro. yet. We cannot use a car anymore for him. I am going to get him back on Hospice. I woke up again this morning with tears in my eyes. I wil PM you about my health. I don't want to discuss myself openly here anymore. You know you can call me anytime.

I told my Family last night, I will pack me a bag and come stay when Tim is near that point. I see him often anyway. I do lot for him. I will see him in the morning.

I really appreciate all of your support. I feel myself changing. But, I will not give up on my work for ALS!

Lorie

I hope things go a little better today, Lorie. The fact that you have been down this road before realy strikes me. Please know that you and Tim and the rest of your famiy are in my thoughts tonight. Hugs, Cindy

Lorie,
I hope you were able to rest last night and can feel some strength today. Your days are heavy and it's hard to take care of yourself when you're so sad. Do try to take care of yourself.
I hope for Tim to be at peace and I hope he can rest as well.
So many are thinking of you now, Lorie. We're invisible companions holding each other up, thinking of each other throughout the day.
Take care, Lorie.
Peace to you and your family,
Jane

Lorie

Lorie my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tim.

Love

Paty
Baja California, México
Cals to late husband Jorge
Dx 10/17/05
Died 12/30/07

P.D. EVEN IF IT HURTS WE HAVE TO LET THEM GO; WHEN THE TIME COMES, ONLY THIS
WAY WILL THEY BE FREE OFF THEIR SICK BODY

Lorie,

I am praying for Tim, for whatever reason I don't know god does not give us more than we can handle.
You will have the strength you need, you might not know where it comes from but you will have it.
Please take care of yourself also.

Dear Lori~
I hope that Tim is doing alright today. I am praying for you and him. I don't post often here but you are an inspiration. Please take care of yourself.
In friendship
Jeannie

I went to be with Tim today

I went to be with Tim today. Today is the that day I do his and Dale's meds for the whole week. He was in better spirits and seemed a little stronger (inward). I told him something that I think made a difference in his mental state. I can't talk about it right now. Maybe at a later date. He is hanging on. I love him so much!

We received his divorce papers in the mail yesterday from his wife (ex now) in WV. I know it is hard for him. It just never ends, the Heartbreak!

You all mean so much to me, you just don't know how much!

Lorie

Lorie,

I truly hope you are able to take care of yourself, girl! It has to be tough looking after your family like this.

I hope your brothers gain strength from just knowing what a great sister you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back