Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
ca
State
bc
City
surrey
My mom was diagnosed with als in the summer of 2010, since then als has affected her whole body. In may of 2011 she had surgery for a trek and a feeding tube. My family kept herat home until september of 2011 when yhings got too hard for us and we almost lost her.
The disease started in her legs and within months of being diagnosed could no longer walk, the disease has now progressed to the point where she can no longer eat, speak, move anything but small movements in her head.

I am now noticing that half of her face is starting to kind of droop, is this a possible sign that als is moving into her face?

I believe she came on this forum for support in her battle, but i do not know what her name was on.here, im sure it had something to do with mickey.

sorry about your mom Mickeys daughter. Is it possible she's had a stroke? To see the face droop on one side suddenly is not usual in ALS.

AL

Al's right-the normal cause of facial paralysis on one side (the 'droop') is a stroke. She should be seen by a doctor. Blood clots are a real issue for those confined to one position for long periods of time.

I'm so sorry your family is dealing with this monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back