Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
orlando
I left a couple posts about a month ago talking about stiffness in my right hamstring. Well I went to the doctor and was sent to do an mri on my back. The results showed that I have a heavily herniated disc in my lower back that is pinching my L5 nerve root, and I also have a case of stenosis resulting from it. It brought temporary relief and my doctor prescribed me antiinflammatories and muscle relaxers and set me up to meet with a nuerosurgeon next week. What worries me is that my symptoms continue to worsen. First I started to get tremors in both feet, then my left leg started to feel restless and tired until It got stiff as well. My arms started feeling funny and very shaky when i would try to hold things, and over the last week I have started getting muscle twitches everywhere when i would try to relax (Both legs, both arms, back, chest, and sometimes face). The muscle twitches worry me the most because they seem to be everywhere and are really annoing. Now both of my legs feel very tired, heavy, stiff, and restless. Can all this be caused by my diagnosis or should i be worried about something else going on? You guys have been very helpful and informative in my past posts, so thank you a lot for taking your time to help!

I work for a neurosurgeon and when you go for your appointment make sure you take your films with you from your tests, MRI's etc.

Doctor will tell you at that visit if he feels your symptoms are surgical or otherwise. If otherwise, he will refer you to a neurologist instead.

Good luck and stop worrying. Easier said then done but you don't have a choice but to wait and see.

Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back