Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
VZ
State
CS
City
Caracas
First of all sorry for my bad English, I would be really great full if you could help me in a doubt I have about something is happening to me.

I've had some many neurological symptoms since I got COVID last year.

Yesterday a doctor practiced to me a emg to my arms and legs which were atrophy and they went normal.

What I wanted to ask you guys is if a pbp is posible with a normal emg knowing that I have limbs affected with atrophy but with a normal emg.

I also have some bulbar problems like problems to swallow and chewing and a little bit atrophy on my tongue. If a pbp attack my limbs is it reflected in emg? Thanks

No, if your EMG was normal your doctor isn't looking at ALS.
Honestly, covid can linger on with some awful symptoms for a long time, I'm sorry you are going through this.
Please talk fully with your doctor who can explain to you what they think needs to be done next.

Thanks for your answer really I'm really worried about this. Now my question is if it were (pbp) bulbar palsy and it spread through limbs as I've heard it would be reflected at the EMG? The doctor put the needles on my legs and arms because I have this with weakness and I thought it could be pbp that then spread through my limbs. If the EMG is normal on my limbs what does it mean? Thanks again

You have weakness and atrophy in your limbs Which if mnd is a lower motor sign If that was caused by ALS then the emg should have showed this. If a person has pbp and it spreads to limbs it becomes ALS so “spreading pbp” will show on emg.

as already stated covid can cause neurological symptoms that can be very severe. Work with your doctor

Please work with your doctor.

Hi I've read in this forum that sometimes spreading pbp doesn't appear at the EMG. Is that true? Thanks for your support. My doctor didn't want to give me another emg on my other parts of the body like chest or more bulbar parts. And he went to vacations for two months that's why I'm making you this questions. Thanks again.

Nikki answered that question about your symptoms and EMG.
See you PCP with your concerns in the meantime and hopefully some idea on what should be next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back