Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi~
Look again into the Medicaid benifits~ Press the social worker, I know they will cover more than the medicaid with the trach and vent, i only know b/c we are trying to get my mother in lawon medicaid so we have more coverage when she does need a trach or vent~ wuthout the medicaid coverage we won't be able to afford the care.
Really look into the medicaid benifits first thing in the morning!
Please let us know what happens. Keep the social workers working for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!
In friendship
Jeannie

Update

Hi everyone.....
I was able to bring my husband home. He has been home for about a month. I was able to get (non medical) 20 caregiver hours. This did not help a lot because they would do nothing more than ADLs and companionship. I had an opportunity to talk to his new insurance case worker and explain why we needed skilled nursing. She was under the impression I was no longer going to work outside the home and that's why the decision was made. It has taken about a month, but they have at least agreed to give us 22 hours skilled nursing care. I have also had to hire a private nurse for the remaining hours so that I can go back to work. The ins co states they can only give 22 hours due to some new State BS. At this point. 22 hours is better than none!:p

Well, like you said some is better than none! Great!

I think it all boils down to who is handling your case, unfortunately!

Hope you and your husband continue to have many more moments together and that he is well cared for by the new help you have acquired.

You are a great wife for caring so much to get him the help he needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back