Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tennessee
City
kingsport
thank u all for the advice but i need some more clarification can anxiety really make fasciculations show up on a emg as bad as it did on mine cuz the neuro said i had alot show up on mine like in every muscle he poked with the needle and i get them nonstop constantly and the ones in my legs never ever ever ever stop they go all day long all day they feel weird and they are all over my legs all over them and they dont stop ther is two places on my legs that never go away my phyciatrist even sawl them my therapist even sawl them and my neuro did they just go and go all day i just tuch the spot and there it is its movin u can see them through my clothes jumpin and people hev seen them to just sitting next to me can my generalized anxiety disorder really do this to me? but by the way this all started about a year ago and i had nothing to do with twitching it was other symptoms and i lost three jobs because i could not stay at work because i had major symptoms all kinds of symptoms and i ran up a 20,000 dollar hospital bill i went to the er just about everyday and they told me everytime its anxiety and i coulld not belive them cuz my symptoms where so strong and it wasnt like i had anxiety attacks this stuff went from the time i woke up to the time i went to sleep then about six months ago the twitching started i had them all the time but it did not worry me then when i read about als i freaked now for the past 4 weeks they have been 20 time worse than they where i get little ones all over and the major ones never ever go away and i get all these bubbleing feeling like my body is just bubbling all over and i wiill look at the bubbling spot and there it is just twitching i cant work i test myself if i get weak all the time i cant think i cant concentrate all i can think about is is this als look the fasciculations are really really bad i feel like a lit up christmas tree and now my legs feel really stiff is that bad but anyways can my only real question is can fasciculations be this bad and not be al?CAN FASCICULATIONS BE THIS BAD AND NOT BE ALS? and can they really be that bad on a emg and not be als?

is the twitching the only thing that you have? do you have anything else going on?
are you on an anti-anxiety med? I am not saying that you need one, but it helped for me. when I started twitching and all my other problems (see my story, I have been through alot the last 6 months. birth of baby, hosp. 3x, visable atrophy, unable to do things i use to do) i did not want to go on anything that was a brain changer, so to speak. but i was freakin' out just like you, and i could not think of anything else but this disease. I was at my nephew's holy communion and could not control the tears thinking that i would not be there for my kids. I woke up crying, and could not sleep. SO, i took the neuro's advice and got on lexapro and a sleeping pill at night (the twitching kept me from sleeping and then i would get upset). it has really helped me. I am SURE there is something wrong. Maybe a slow progression, but none the less, the lexapro helped me calm down. I can deal with it better. i don't like being on it, i never thought i would ever need somthing like that, then again i never thought that i would be on a website like this either.lol.

my point is I understand. But, if all you have is twitching-then i would give this a few months. Easier said then done, I know:)

What doctors have you seen with regards to your symptoms? It was very hard to read your post without paragraph breaks -

you mention running up $20,000 in medical bills and being at emergency every day -what kind of tests were done and what type of doctors did you see?

would suggest you see your family doctor and get referred to a neurologist if you have not already seen one conversely see your pyschiatrist again and talk about your anxiety level. While the people on this forum can sympathize and suggest things they cannot diagnose you over the internet. For your own peace of mind see a doctor.
:)

Ok trey. I know you might be worried but I'm starting to think you are a nut case or screwing with us. I f you won't listen and at least use sentences with periods and spaces and paragraphs then I'm cutting you off. If you're smart enough to use a computer then you should know proper grammar. If you want to goof around go someplace else.
AL.

to al

for your information i am not that good of a writer and im very serious and very very scared right now im goin through a tough time and need some advice

You got your advice and you got all of your questions answered on here. You also got answers from a neuro. End this now and feel good about life . . . because as Al said . . . it appears more and more that you're less than sincere with your threads. We just had some problems with a member just the other day and he/she is no longer here. I hope it's mere coincidence that you showed-up shortly after he/she was banned . . . meaning . . . I hope you're not the same person.
If you have problems, do your best to address them and don't add to them by thinking you have ALS. No one here thinks you have it and neither does your neuro. The best to you and congratulations on not having ALS. There are a lot of people on here that would love to be in your shoes. Be thankful for your good fortune.

Dear Treyo09
I just finished your treads. I must say I am very concerned about you mental status.
I think you need to be admitted to a mental facility for further evaluation,as the therapist you are seeing is not helping you.
I am sure you do not have ALS by your sym toms and result, but I am sure you suffer from anxiety panic and mental Illness.
Staying on this forum is not productive to you or anyone else on this forum

Please Please get help!.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back