Status
Not open for further replies.
Alid1143,
People have politely responded to your questions and in their opinion they said you don't have ALS. So, this might be a dumb question but why are you still on here? Are you waiting for us to change our minds. This is a ALS support group forum. Why are you asking us about other illnesses it could be? We aren't doctors. If you want to just chat with people there are all kind of groups on the internet to do so. Unless you have ALS or your loved one does and you want support I don't see any other reason that you would want or even need to be here. We've told you already what we know. Thank you,

What might be dumb to you is a serious situation for me. No I'm not a ALS groupie nor should anybody want to hear they got ALS or any disease. I'm just trying to find answers or be steered in the right direction. There are a few things posted on here that say they are not sign of ALS yet every ALS site giving information says a few of these things are symptoms. What I been dealing with is hell and really points to a neuro problem, even if it's not ALS. I'm just using the process of elimination to figure out where I go from here. Once again I'm sorry if you feel I'm wasting your time or anybody elses but only way to get information from people is to ask.

"...yet every ALS site giving information says a few of these things are symptoms."

The only symptom you mentioned that I can think of being on ALS sites is weakness. But weakness in ALS is a very specific kind--CLINICAL weakness. But CLINICAL weakness is not about feeling less strong than you used to be.

ALS and CLINICAL weakness are about failure—falling down, being unable to stand on your toes, or to button your shirt, or to lift your hand, or to get up from a chair, or walk up stairs, etc. It is not about these things becoming more difficult. It is about these things being impossible… no matter how hard you try. If you can do normal things, but it is more difficult, you do not have ALS. If you used to be able to do 100 curls and now one arm can only do 50; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can only run 1; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can’t lift up one of your feet, you may have clinical weakness.

Sorry there are so many sites and search engines that have incomplete information, but that's life. Thje best thing to do with medical questions is to ask your doctor, but you apparently didn't like his answer. I suggest seeing another neuro and instead of suggesting ALS, just ask him what the problem could be.

What I been dealing with is hell and really points to a neuro problem,

I disagree, politely. Unless you went to medical school (and passed) you really can't make that judgment. In fact, I was thinking more along the lines of cellular nutrition in the muscles. But I'm not a doctor.

I can tell you this, though. You don't have ALS. Nothing you wrote remotely sounds like ALS. I agree that many websites list some of your complaints as symptoms, but they are also symptoms of many, many diseases. You just don't have the "defining symptom" of ALS, that is, a paralyzed (limp and useless) muscle with a destroyed motor neuron as the cause.

One last thing and I'll be on my way to finding something else that might match my symptoms...

Tonight my right toe has been twitching every 2 minutes, it's annoying as hell but I'm not sure what to think of it?

oh, the good old days of bennies and pot (at $5/oz.) :)

now it's clonapan and pinot grigio ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back