Diagnosis
11/2017
Country
US
State
TN
City
Memphis
I have Synergy® Air Elite Low Air Loss Therapy and a fully electric hospital bed.

I can lower the bed low enough to sit on bed, but I can’t swing my legs into bed.

I have ALS that has started in my hips. I ordered a trapeze to mount to headboard.

I want to learn how to lean back on raised head of mattress after sitting on bed. I know this may sound silly, but I am sleeping in recliner tonight with my CPAP. I am so frustrated at my inability to figure out how best to enter bed.

Please help!

:???:

I can imagine you are frustrated. Assuming it has some kind of side rail or some other attachment point on the frame, you could tie on an exercise band (obviously one with a handle would be best), bungee cord, jump rope or something of that kind, maybe with a towel, rag or pillowcase tied to the end as "the handle."

Not knowing your strength, there are also "leg lifters" you can order, or use something like a folded towel against your calf or the arch of your foot.

You may need to not have the head too high when you get in, but have the remote control at hand so once you swing your legs over, you can raise the head of the bed. A stepstool or exercise step may help also so you do not have to go as high up and over at the same time.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

I had a friend come over and he strapped an unused metal walker to frame with ratcheting tie downs. It is very sturdy and provides a place to pull on instead of flimsy bed rail. They are delivering the trapese sling made for bed on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back