Status
Not open for further replies.
4JCOBB

YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY! YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY! YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY!
How many times does it need to be said before you register it in your brain.

NO one develops wide spread atrophy resulting in nearly two stone in weight loss within weeks or months.
You can rule out als as this does not happen...so really theres no reason for you to be here.

I know one als patient with full body atrophy and that is Stephen hawkings....but he has had als 40years.
He has one muscle left that he uses in his face to communicate...nothing else works....atrophied....zilch movement....get the picture!

You can still FULLY function and if you can still lift weights you have NO WEAKNESS.

it hurts so bad when people like this tell people like us were not sufferi g and have no atrophy. my nose bone all the way up to my eyebrows is all bone. I can make a frown with my muscles twitching ..my back has bone sticking out everywhere.my feet and hands and legs and arms have all atrophy severely. dont you ever tell me in your life that I don't have atrophy.im up day and night crying and researching trying to figure this out.i dropped 15 pounds in three weeks of all muscle..your suffering just like everyone else..dont tell me I don't have atrophy when everyday my bones pop and crack and my gums and sides of mouth have atrophied so bad..dude seriously..that's not even cool..

Ok,what you are describing sounds like wasting....cachexia.
This can be caused by...........

Hiv
Lung disease/TB
Cancer
Amyloid polyneuropathy
Crohns disease
Celiac disease
Or something else autoimmune/infectious.

Result of this can be anemia which you said you have.
You were tested positive as I recall for some kind of infection.

Go back to your doctor and get checked out for these.
Most definatly it is not als as you have no weakness/paralysis .

Heres many reasons for your wasting...
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/symptoms/cachexia/causes.htm

Last edited:
that's what I thought olly..I have a polyclonal spike which what I read doesn't indicate cancer but something infectiousn autoimmune., I also though cachexia but I'm having twitches and muscle jerks and Internl tremors..I don't think thats cachexia..i also don't have significant lost of appetitie..I can eat ihop ,burgers hotdogs pretty much it all. I think I'm going to go to diff doctor everyone's day..im thinking of a reason to admit myself In a hospital and pay them so they can run a whole bunch of tests on me

Cachexia can result despite normal appetite....this is a sign of underlining illness.
Seriously,do whatever you need to get help.
The twitching and stuff could be a result of irritation caused by the cachexia or underlining illness....... its not neurological,you have seen a neurologist and you have no paralysis.
Please go see someone tomorrow.

The conditions below can cause a polycloal spike....including cancer.

III.Polyclonal GammopathyA.General1.Broad diffuse banda.Contrast with sharp spike M-Band in monoclonal

B.Causes1.Infectiona.Viral infection (HIV, Hepatitis, EBV, VZV)
b.Endocarditis
c.Osteomyelitis
d.Tuberculosis

2.Connective tissue diseasea.Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
b.Temporal Arteritis
c.Rheumatoid Arthritis
d.Sarcoidosis

3.Liver diseasea.Cirrhosis
b.Hepatitis
c.Primary biliary Cirrhosis

4.Malignancya.Ovarian Cancer
b.Lung Cancer
c.Hepatocellular Carcinoma
d.Renal cancers

5.Hematologic disordera.Lymphoma
b.Leukemia
c.Thalassemia
d.Sickle Cell Anemia

6.Inflammatory conditiona.Inflammatory Bowel Disease
b.Cystic Fibrosis
c.Chronic Bronchitis

7.Thyroid disordera.Grave's Disease
b.Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Cachexia can result despite normal appetite....this is a sign of underlining illness.
Seriously,do whatever you need to get help.
The twitching and stuff could be a result of irritation caused by the cachexia or underlining illness....... its not neurological,you have seen a neurologist and you have no paralysis.
Please go see someone tomorrow.

i will..i originally thought it was cachexia but I went to a heamtologist..and he assured me like everyone else that maybe its anxiety..he did some blood tests and told me he doesn't think I have mutliple myeloma. I'm going to schedule another doctor at another hospital..and have them do the appropriate test and rule everything out.,only wierd thing is I have pain In the middle of the night always in my joints and bones I think..I have cat scans of the brain and stomach and X-rays of neck and back and nothing is abnormal..I may need to do some bioposy and MRI to see if anything comes up. thanks olly

only thing that is wierd is that cachexia makes sense cause of anemia and polyclonal spike but I have no out the world bloodwork or symptoms that would go with that....

and it seems like after my tetanus shot two weeks later twitches everywhere muscle loss everywhere now tremors and muscle jerks....I guess it will take some time but I'm wasting away and time isn't on my side...I have a hard time making facial expressions..

also if anyone knows what causes a person to lose all the cartilage in there body please tell me..I am losing all my cartilage

How do you know you are loosing cartilage? If you have had xrays and scans it would have shown up.

it's remarkable how you guys can co sta try member after member make u of me and tell me I lost my mind.,something is happening and it's systemic. my muscles tissue and carriage is withering away. how do I know I'm losing cartilage ? make cause my nose is like a sponge now and my ear click and crack when I move them..I lost all range of motion in my hands feet everywhere..when i stretch my ribs crack and pop,it's safe to assume I'm losing cartilage...I'm actually surprised I'm getting these type of responses..why would I lie.. I'm dying just like you guys ..I just don't have name for it yet...

People here have given you several answers. What do you want them to do? We can not diagnose, we are not drs . GO to the dr.

I can't go through the whole thread but have you gone to a dr yet? If so can you get a second opinion?
Someone mentioned cancer as a possibility have you been checked for that?

Jcobb,

If you don't want people to tell you that your story isn't true - don't post your story here. You don't have ALS. Nothing you describes sounds remotely like ALS. I'm sorry you're having these innumerable problems, but this is an ALS forum. You're in the wrong place - go to a hospital and stay there until you get the help you obviously need. We are not doctors and all of these guesses are not solving your problems.

Good luck to you.

I'm scare to death about myself having ALS with my symptoms and i am in process of getting a diagnosed, so I read a lot about ALS to find explanations for me.What you live now does not feet the pattern of ALS. Why?
- Is that you are young for this illness if it does not run in family
- If run this means that the muscles get impulse from the brain which doesn't happened in ALS
- Go quickly and check with doctors to run more investigations. Maybe there is a kind of muscles atrophy that can be stopped don't waste the time.
I have complete different symptoms and scare of death for me and my daughter, my father. I wish all the best.My God protect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back