Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't find doctors who find you seriously, then see another doctor! This just doesn't sound like als! We certainly aren't doctors and can't help you, but this doesn't seem how als happens.

we can't help you I'm sorry

what you describe is nothing like ALS, and we can't diagnose you at all

4jcobb
It is IMPOSSIBLE for ALL your body to atrophie...PERIOD!
If it did (but impossible) you would be PARALIZED or DEAD....PERIOD!

YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY!.

You may have weight loss....loss of body fat.
Such a dramatic weight loss in a short period of time could indicate cancer somewhere.
Go see a doctor to check for that.
Stay off this forum.

PALS.....PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS PERSON AGAIN.

I promise you it's not body fat.there is other post on here where people have atrophy everywhere and they don't know what's causing it..that's not fair you tell them to not respond to mr.i desperately need help.i understand you can't diagnose me but a poster names Naxon said his father has Al's with no weakness what so ever just weight loss and body wide twitching..I know my body more then anyone else. my feet hands chest legs have lost lean mass.

I AM NOT LYING..I'm am very scared..that's all ..I can't find no other disease where I would lose muscle everywhere..my face has atrophied..if I can a frown my muscle twitch a lot around my nose and cheeks..something is happens to me and I can't find no where online a disease that can be widespread like this except Als...

I told u before my doctors can't find out nor my family believes me..and now your telling the pals to stop answering me..this is the reason why i think about suicide so much .i have noone but my cpk is 309 but I'm not losing muscle mass?I eat 4000 calories a day and lift weights and it does nothing!

All we are saying here is we can't help you. We are not drs. All you can do is go to the dr or a different dr. If you lift weights you can't have atrophy. Instead of als you could have a muscular dystrophy of type. But the biggest thing is to get a hold of yourself. Take a deep breath and relax.

You are making yourself sicker by all this panic and anxiety. Your cpk could be elevated because of your weight lifting.

4jcobb

True atrophy WILL ALWAYS present with weakness...this is because the muscles have died.
ALL your muscles CAN NOT atrophy at once,its a medical IMPOSSIBILITY.
Any neurologist in the world will tell you this.
NO als patient develops full body atrophy as you describe...I promise you that is a fact.

As for others posts such as Nixon's I can not comment as I have not read....but if his dad does have atrophy without ANY weakness his dad does not have als.

As for threats of suicide I think you should see a psychotherapist and maybe get some medication....please do not post such threats here and cause distress to our terminally ill pals.

SORRY BUT NO ONE CAN ANSWER YOU HERE.

I did look at naxon's posts...
His dad has only had symptoms a few months and it appears he has bulbar onset.
It does say he can use his limbs but this could be the case in such an early diagnosis and bulbar onset...but his tests where consistant with als and there was no mention of neuro finding clinical weakness but that could have been picked up even if so mild as to not interfere with function too much.

Please don't use other peoples post to give your point if you don't understand the true meaning behind those posts.

olly and others thank you for continuing to talk with me regardless of how you feel, can I ask you how you think it's impossible for the the muscles I listed to atrophy at once.but my calf legs have ripples all thru them..my chest is now soft and my feet and hands have so much excess skin.my thighs have been cut in half and my face as I mentions atrophied . it shakes when i frown.I'm a pretty smart Individual and I know my body I seen other posts on here where there is widespread atrophy and twitching but no result..I know you can't answer my question..but I'm asking .if your opinion what else could it be. no one beleive mes olly..even if you think I d t have Al's..I have no one.everyone has turn there back on me please try to help me thru it..I need u believe I have full body wasting..

AGAIN,YOU DO NOT HAVE FULL BODY ATROPHY...PLEASE BELIVE ME IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.
You have weight loss and need to be checked for cancer and maybe thyroid as these can cause sudden weight loss.
PLEASE PLEASE go back to your doctor .

NO MORE ANSWERS.

Maybe a muscular dystrophy of some type, but only a dr can diagnose you. Could be a virus. It could be anything, only going to the dr will give you the answers you seek. It could be a very long road so be patient. Listen to what the dr tells you, they are the ones who went to school and trained and have experience to give you answers.

4Jcobb I have the same thing for 6 months now. My spine is really define on my back , my chest has gone flat, my arms got thinner and soft , I have a indent on the top of my head and one on the upper left of my forehead , my calf muscles are barely there , and my rib cage now sticks out under my chest . I only lost 10 pounds going from 175 to 165 I consider that a big drop for me considering I dont weight that much. I also twitch all over from my stomach to my butt to my leg ... basically all over 24/7 all types of twitching too. Its like the the worst thing because it reminds you , you have something wrong with you 24/7. I have trouble doing basic activities meaning Bowling and Golfing my hobbies . Meaning i can do them without a problem but i might suffer from a few pulled muscles and a upset nerve somewhere. It makes me cut off must physical activities i love to do. People say that it cant be atrophy if you dont loose strength so I test my strength with weights. Its below my average but my strength isn't totally diminished. Im pretty young so I dont believe its ALS but the possibility of it can get to me sometimes. Im going for a EMG monday to see if my muscles are clean but if you figure out what you have I would very interested in knowing .

it's the same thing..my strength is dismissed but I can do what i used to do with lifting weights..all my doctors say nothing is wrong with me. I'm losing muscle mass greatly. my mouth and face and throat are my biggest problems even though I'm wasting everywhere. my mouth has pretty much lost all muscle , my bottom teeth is sticking into my bottom lip and even a frown feels wierd like I'm have to use extra strength and my face quivers when I do it. I'm going to go back to get another emg and go see a nueromuscular doctor to see if they can figure it out..it just seems like its not repairable..how do I get muscles back in my face and mouth? doesn't seem possible..I'm pretty much crying everday.i also get really bad pain when I wake and middle of night that I dont have during the day

southern I sent you a MSG plz reply

4JCOBB

YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY! YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY! YOU DO NOT HAVE ATROPHY!
How many times does it need to be said before you register it in your brain.

NO one develops wide spread atrophy resulting in nearly two stone in weight loss within weeks or months.
You can rule out als as this does not happen...so really theres no reason for you to be here.

I know one als patient with full body atrophy and that is Stephen hawkings....but he has had als 40years.
He has one muscle left that he uses in his face to communicate...nothing else works....atrophied....zilch movement....get the picture!

You can still FULLY function and if you can still lift weights you have NO WEAKNESS.

You have WEIGTH LOSS....COMPRENDE!.

Maybe Jacob and Southern have a new unclassified disease. It doesn't sound like ALS maybe a muscle problem? Brain problem? I donnn't know. Maybe the CDC could help them? probably not doesn't sound infectious. I could be wrong seems to be an epidemic lately.

Strange the dr can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back