I need bilingual text to speech - any recommendations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally Hirst

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
TR
I live in Istanbul (have done for the past thirty years).
My voice is going fast and I have found and am starting to get the hang of a simple app for phone called Speech App and it works fine for English, but while half my social life and my professional life are in English the practicalities of life and about half my social life are in Turkish. The app I can get to work has a few other languages but not Turkish. I can find online sites that will 'voice' bits of Turkish I write in (so they are understandable), but I am looking for an app that I can store two profiles in - one English and one Turkish ... or even just a pure Turkish app and I can open whichever one seems context appropriate. Does anyone have any recommendations ?

Hi Sally. We used an app called "text to speech" on his ipad to communicate while he could still type. This app uses the voice profiles automatically downloaded to your ipad/iphone through apple's own ios operating system for accessibility purposes, so the app offers text to speech in every language. Man and woman voice profiles are available. Not sure if there are any non ios versions of this app. Take a look and feel free to let me know if you need help getting it to work: ‎Text to Speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back