i need an answer about weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Am Trying Hard To Concentrate And Focus On
The Good Times And Our Days Left

So true, Jackie. Don;t forget that we are here for you! Hugs, Cindy

Jackie Hi
Agreeing with all said. My dad has a lot of problems around abdomen and chest because that's where he has most atrophy in the muscles. He lost a lot of weight due to Bulbar symptoms and swallowing. The thing that really halted the weight loss is the nutritious drinks you can get on prescription (here in the UK you can anyway) e.g. Fortisip. He has 2 or 3 of these a day and his weight has come back up.

Very best wishes to you both.
D

Hello Jackiemax,
It is such a comfort to think of the Good Times and to still have each other. But when you find yourself in that inevitable depth of sadness that we sometimes fall into where we can't even imagine what it will be like when our loved one is gone, may you not linger too long. It is so very painful there. Know that you are not alone in your pain, Jackie. We all have wallowed in this painful place at times as we care for our loved one. May you have strength and courage to get through the really painful times.
Jane

The weight loss for my father came very rapidly 1.5 years after diagnosis. He was 260 pounds (6'2" - a large man!) and now weighs about 160 at most.

My mother found that the BEST clothes to put my father in are the gym pants that snap up the side (so he doesn't have to be put into a lift to be dressed), and a t-shirt.

It's easy for the nurse to take on/off of him and comfortable for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back