I miss the little things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss PDaddy!

Same here. Brought a smile and a tear. My husband made the comment yesterday "It sucks being me." What can you say to that? Hugs Lori

Oh how I remember walking along the sandy beach with the sand squishing between my toes. Probably would be oil now?

Pretty awful when the smell of baby oil on the beach has been replaced with the smell of crude oil!

I miss eating and drinking terribly. I want to take a nice long cold drink, of anything. This sucks. I still have to fix dinner for my husband now and then and going to the grocery store is pure torture. I am really having a hard time with this. I think you have to go through a time of mourning as you lose abilities. I am very grateful for all that I can still do, but I really miss the things that I cannot do. I hope it gets easier.
NancyS

Nancy, Oh how I know what you are going through. It is a mourning process I am still going through. I used to be able to drink out of a tap but even that is gone know so no more drinking at all.

I still go to the grocery store to buy food for my wife and son because I have the time and they don't but it is hard. You know what, it IS getting easier, I go to restaurants to be with my family and friends and I'm ok with it now. I know it doesn't help but please know that others are missing food and drink too.

Barry

Just J - that sounds so much like us! This really started in 2007 with his first falls, but he blamed other causes - no diagnosed from two dr's until the recent decline when finally got the diagnosed of ALS. Thanks for this thread Pdaddy! I miss my husband being able to do those little things you mentioned - and I as selfish as I sound - I miss being spoiled rotten by him....
Sorry about the driving decision sharonca - I had to be the bad guy and force that issue in my house. no fun.

I'd forgotten how hilarious this thread was. Marianne, thanks for digging it back up for us. :)

In remembrance of those who contributed, PDaddy, who started it, has left us, as has Hoping for the best's husband (her PALS), lovelovelove's mom, Bossman, BethU and Sharonca...

Lori told me to come to this thread and read all the way through it, which I did. It made me laugh, then it made me cry. I didnt know Pdaddy, but I know I would have loved him! BethU, I got to know a bit, but the more I read her posts, the more I understand why everyone loved her so much!

Rose-

It is in rememberance of those who contributed that I bumped this.

And, to those still with us - whose wit is just as good/biting? Rose, Barry, Al, MTPockets, Stu (who knew?), Glen. I miss this part of the forum- light, fun, distracting, uplifting!

Thanks for reminding us of all the wonderful people we have lost and those that we still have with us!

OMG Ladyinn- That's amazing - mid May and snow? Yikes! We could split the difference on your cold/ snow and Houston's hot / humid. I think it was 88 today here. I hope a pleasant Spring and Summer find you soon!
This post was hilarious - I enjoyed every single thread. Ya'll can truly say "made ya' laugh!" And you did. Mary

that really hit home you know how much we have taking for granted till we cant do them anymore .reading this kind of scares me the progression part of this als but to have peace in your heart even when your ability to do things you cant pdaddy you take it how it is and still find a joy of living this was a very touching story thank you

God bless the families and members who are losing and have lost so much. :sad:
There is a greater reward waiting for us. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back