Not open for further replies.

yoursis

Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
Hi friends, I posted this in the ALS subreddit as well but I created an ALS server on Discord (a chat application) to create more of a live community for people affected in any way by this brutal disease. I felt pretty lonely through the process of caregiving for my father and wished there was a more active way to talk to people in similar situations across the world, sitting at home. I'm still in the process of customizing it so feel free to suggest changes or simply drop in to say hi!

Invite link: Join the ALS Discord Server!

Hi. I am sorry you feel isolated caring for your dad. We have a chat method here on this forum. Several. The PALS rollcall, The CALS rollcall, and we can message each other. And. Every thread can be responded to.
You are welcome to post on the CALS thread either in rollcall or on a new topic.
I haven't felt lonely because I have the support of the other CALS on this forum. But you may pick up interest from others.
Take care.

Kathy, the OP is a past CALS.

Hi. Yoursis. Your tag said new member so I thought you were not familiar with this forum.

Sis did just join, yes -- I was only pointing out that she is not a current CALS.

My sympathies on the loss of your dad, Sis.

My teenagers are on discord so I will let them know about your server. 😃

I registered and it looked good.

Thank you! I just wanted to have more of a "live" community which Discord is a good place for. It's supplemental to the ALSForum which has been incredibly helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back