Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MD
City
Baltimore-ravens
I started off with throat hurting and diarrhea for a month. Then one day I was home lifting weights for 8 hours I woke up with my chest burning I took two mortins and went to sleep.For the past 4 months I been having back pain chest pain shoulder pain with muscle weakness. I aso having problems breathing and swallowing while eating. My chest and and diagram hurt if I cough or yawn to hard.I went from 309 to 264. I seen a gi he did a endoscopy and colonoscopy everything came out ok. The ct scan came up good the only that said was I had a epi when they sent my poop off to the lab. I have seen a neurologist the nerve and emg showed I had carpal tunnel syndrome, hyperesthesia, and fasciculation-cramp. The cervical mri showed mild bulging disc v5,c6,c7but the neck look normal for my age at 34. My lumber disc should I had spondylolysis at l3,l4,l5 and it compressing on nerve. I was wondering my chances of having als. Could the bulging disc cause twitching and the burning , I also have tingling go down my right leg and feet. I had an ultrasound on my thyroid because I had half remember but now I have 2 enlarged nodules on the right side could that be causing the breathing problems while eating. All signs been pointing to als.

There is nothing in your story that points to ALS. I would keep working with the neurologist on possible approaches to feeling better, such as hand therapy and better ergonomics as you work. Likewise, your PCP or an endocrinologist can follow up on the thyroid nodules, which might be affecting your weight and other things you're worrying about.

It's common to be scared when problems pop up at your age, but these are treatable, more so when they are found early as you have done. Focus on the problems in front of you.

Best,
Laurie

Please use basic paragraph formatting so that people can read your text.
Start here

How you came here and can say all signs been pointing to ALS is beyond me as there is not a single ALS symptom in anything you wrote, NOT ONE. Keep working with your doctors.

Hi, I am sorry you're frightened. You are a year younger than my oldest son, so I am going to speak with you like a mom. Why in the name of all that is holy would you be exercising with weights for 8 hrs? Two of my three boys played college football. I have raised athletes. What you chosen to do has possible long term repercussions for your body. All of your tests have come back unremarkable. For the next six or eight months stick to isometric exercise only. You need to heal. Please don't worry about ALS. Nothing you've outlined points in that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back