Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Us
City
Cape Coma
Hi people.

So, here I am. Quick story, I lost my Mother a year ago to Als. Needless to say, my life has been turned upside down. I don't want to say I am stressed too much, because people look into information and gravitate from that. Meaning, if I say I am stressed and living with a broken soul, then it's easy to say hey, you're stressed, that's what the problem is. So, let's ignore my broken spirit for a minute and look at the physical purely...

Today, my right hand where my thumb is "jumped"...
Today, my left hand had massive "twitches"...
Today, my leg muscle felt really stiff and kinda hurt for a minute. It was that feeling like the muscle was ready to spasm...

Yesterday, my right ankle was "twitching" so bad, I could see it "jumping"...like where you can see the bone sticking out in the middle part, right below that was where it was "jumping"

I've had issues opening one of my eye's...the left opens normally, but the other feels almost sticky and "tired" and I have to force it to open...

I've had unexplained brusing...

Very tired, very tired...

My husband has had on many an occasion not understand me, that I was "mumbling", but I didn't feel like I was....(weird, right?) And I feel very frustrated that he's asking me to explain to him what I just said...

My menstral cycle stopped Dec 2010....I am 37 and never had an issue there before in my life...

I've been VERY dizzy and have had vertigo....like for over a year...

My temp was low and blood pressure...the past week my temo was high...I don't have the flu...

Insomnia....

Back pain at night...

Puffyness under my eye's(even if I sleep well)

On a few occasions, dropped what was in my hand...my hand literlly just opened up and dropped stuff...

So, here's the worse thing...no insurance...nothing at all..I am getting sicker and sicker....As I just typed that, I felt a "jump" on top of my foot...

What do you all think is going on?

I'm so sorry you lost your mum.

I think you need to first get insurance and then see a doctor. I don't know if you're posting here because you think you might have ALS? I don't think your symptoms point in that direction at all. ALS doesn't present itself that way. You should get checked out to see what's ailing you. Take care of yourself.

Yasmin

Last edited:
I am sorry about your mother. Your symptoms are pretty wide ranging, but I would suggest that some certainly sound like some sort of endocrine disorder i.e. the fatigue, period stopping, the low blood pressure etc. Hopefully you can get to a free clinic and get some basic blood work. Best of luck.
Laurel

Hi, I agree that you should see your doctor. Your doctor may offer a discount for private pay or even offer payments. I would suggest you print off the walmart pharmacy $4 prescription list and take it along with you to your appointment. If your doctor feels you need any medication you can then ask if any of the generic medications on the list could be used. I lost my mother as well. I understand the fear of fALS. I don't think anything you have described above sounds like ALS and will sort itself out with medical care. It's not uncommon for family and care givers to notice signs like twitches and making note of dropping the keys etc., that someone not connected to ALS would never give another thought. It's time to take care of yourself now. Please make an appointment and I expect you will begin to feel better just taking that first step toward your own care. Best wishes, Roger

I've been sick now for a year and a half. My Mom was sick for a long time before she was diagnosed and had alot of what is happening to me now. She was already menopausal, so no period issues. But the insomnia, back pain, dizzyness, fatigue, low blood pressure and temp etc-she had all of that-even the one eye not opening like mine. So yes, I am a bit worried I will have it or am getting it. I also took care of her for 2 years, which took a toll...but it also made me see what happens with Als. I caught my husband researching Als in families, so surely it's also the back of his mind. I've also woken up from sleep gasping for air.

Thank you. I miss my Mom so much. My heart, it hurts-literlly.

I'm so sorry you lost your mum.

I think you need to first get insurance and then see a doctor. I don't know if you're posting here because you think you might have ALS? I don't think your symptoms point in that direction at all. ALS doesn't present itself that way. You should get checked out to see what's ailing you. Take care of yourself.

Yasmin

Yes, I think I might have it. All I know, is that something is not right and it's getting worse, not better. Yasmin, thank you-your sweet.

I am sorry about your mother. Your symptoms are pretty wide ranging, but I would suggest that some certainly sound like some sort of endocrine disorder i.e. the fatigue, period stopping, the low blood pressure etc. Hopefully you can get to a free clinic and get some basic blood work. Best of luck.
Laurel

Thank you Laurel.

Cape Coma? Hard to feel helpful toward someone doesn't want to tell us where they are from, especially if they are claiming a financial hardship that is preventing them from going to the doctor. We can't point you toward the free help that might be available to you if we don't know where you are.

The choice is up to you.

PS -- your symptoms don't sound like ALS to me. And they shouldn't sound like ALS symptoms to you either.

Hi, I agree that you should see your doctor. Your doctor may offer a discount for private pay or even offer payments. I would suggest you print off the walmart pharmacy $4 prescription list and take it along with you to your appointment. If your doctor feels you need any medication you can then ask if any of the generic medications on the list could be used. I lost my mother as well. I understand the fear of fALS. I don't think anything you have described above sounds like ALS and will sort itself out with medical care. It's not uncommon for family and care givers to notice signs like twitches and making note of dropping the keys etc., that someone not connected to ALS would never give another thought. It's time to take care of yourself now. Please make an appointment and I expect you will begin to feel better just taking that first step toward your own care. Best wishes, Roger

I live in South Fl and have looked into everything-I do not have the money to see a doctor-even the "low cost" places are like $160 just to see them-that's before tests etc-I do not have ANY money-we are not doing well. So, I suffer every day. The only thing we pay for that's entertainment is our phone and internet and we have a shut off notice for that, but that is the least of worries. Life wasn't always like this though-I at one time was doing well.
Well, something happened tonight. I was eating and my hand dropped the fork. Maybe I am a literal nervous wreck or maybe something is going very wrong. But believe me, it is a bad feeling to be in limbo. Believe me Roger, I WANT to see a doctor, but if I don't have the funds, I can't. Thanks though.

Cape Coma? Hard to feel helpful toward someone doesn't want to tell us where they are from, especially if they are claiming a financial hardship that is preventing them from going to the doctor. We can't point you toward the free help that might be available to you if we don't know where you are.

The choice is up to you.

PS -- your symptoms don't sound like ALS to me. And they shouldn't sound like ALS symptoms to you either.

Cape Coma was a song written about this place. It's Cape Coral, Fl. And again, my Mother had those symptoms...

Cape Coma was a song written about this place. It's Cape Coral, Fl. And again, my Mother had those symptoms...

Thousands of people have chronic twitching. There's a disease called benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS). Look it up. Some of those people also have chronic muscle cramping that goes along with their twitching. That's a disease called cramp-fasciculation syndrome. Look it up. Those diseases are scary and annoying, but they are not motor neuron diseases.

The rest of the symptoms that you claim that your mother had and you now have are vague and unspecific complaints that nearly everyone gets at some time in their lives. Most of them are caused by things like mild virus or bacteria infections, poor eating habits, or not getting enough rest. .

I'm sorry to hear of your financial problems and the loss of your mother, but you are the one that is blowing normal things like dropping a fork into a full-blown health crisis. Your body may be hurting, but your mind is driving you into despair. You are the one forcing the square pegs into the round holes and you'll continue to get worse (mentally) as long as you compare your symptoms to what your mother had.

You need to make up your mind: are you going to do what it takes to get better or are you just going to keep running through that checklist from your mom's final illness? It's up to you.

Imiss,

I have to agree with Tr. You need to find a free clinic somewhere. Just to help with the anxiety. Someone just recently told a CALS that she was probably suffering from PTSD. You may also be suffering from it. You will never know the answers until seen by a doc tor. You have to decide. Start collecting aluminum cans. Something. Ask to speak to a nurse at the neurologists office if possible. She may be able to get you in and pay a little at a time.

Good luck to you,

If I were in your position I would call Family Health Care Center of SW Florida, 305 SW 2nd Terrace, Cape Coral, (888) 501-7727. Be well, Roger

If I were in your position I would call Family Health Care Center of SW Florida, 305 SW 2nd Terrace, Cape Coral, (888) 501-7727. Be well, Roger

I've already dealt with them. I had an appointment-waited 3 months and they called me and said they had to reschedule-which meant more time. At this point, I don't have the money to even go anymore. I didn't come on here to feel worse. Ok?

Message received, I will not trouble myself or you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back