Diagnosis
04/2021
Country
US
State
VA
City
Alexandria
Just 2 weeks ago my beautiful mother lost her battle with ALS. It quickly (diagnosed in April 2021) stole her voice, her joy, her future, her love of food, her beloved volunteer job, her ability to hold a book (which i think devastated her the most), her limbs, her hope, then her breath. I miss her so much it’s unbearable. I miss the her from “before”, and i even miss my “momma baby” that i took care and tended to her every need until the very end. It was hard, i didn’t think i could do it, i cried a lot, but i would pivot and adapt and adjust, then keep on keepin on. She proved her Dr wrong and even with bulbar onset she could swallow until the very end (she refused a feeding tube). I miss this strong, successful, beautiful, loving soul who loved me more than anyone ever will and vice versa. A mother’s love is eternal. I pray for a cure and will help to fight so no one has to go thru this battle. Thank you forum writers, in the wee hours this place was a Godsend for me. A place to read about shared experiences, tips, and recommendations. Thank you all!!

You have paid a wonderful tribute and your love for your mum shows in every word. I am so sorry for your and your family's loss.

Sorry for your loss. Some days are tough-may her memory comfort you.

Your mom sounds like a great person. Thank you for staying with her all the way through -- wishing you peace and strength. It will get better, and she will always support you in your life.

Best,
Laurie

Lovely tribute to your Mom...may you and your family find peace.

A wonderful tribute to your Mother. Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. May she fly free.

A touching remembrance of your mother. Condolences and wishing you peace.

Ed

I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my dad to Bulbar ALS on March 27th.

What a loving tribute to your mother. Thank you for sharing your love for her. Wishing you comfort in your memories of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back