I just posted but wanted to know if anyone else has clonus? Hyper reflexes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennibf

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
AL
City
Centreville
My doctor also found that I had clonus at a recent exam. My legs and feet just wouldn't stop for a long time after he tested them with that thingy. My memory (hence the word "thingy") isn't so great either. :roll:

Clonus

My doctor also found that I had clonus at a recent exam. My legs and feet just wouldn't stop for a long time after he tested them with that thingy. My memory (hence the word "thingy") isn't so great either. :roll:

Hi Jenn,
There are 125 diseases that can have clonus as a symptom including SMA, ALS, CIDP. Ain't life grand when we have neurological symptoms? Very hard to narrow things down without testing at a neuromuscular disease unit.
Laurel

I developed brisk reflexes after muscle issues. Then i had clonus in left ankle and babinski response. I have no lesions on my brain or neck so now the doctors are chalking it up to severe anxiety......... I pity anyone who ever has anything due to a neurological disorder. They will say well its good you dont have this, then when you do they say it really does not matter........ Unless you cannot move a limb or you are so spastic your gait is way abnormal, nothing you show or tell will mean anything to them.....

I think doctors are more apt to get in a hurry when the clinical presentation is really bad (i.e. you can't walk, move your arms or speak). If you still have reasonably good use of arms and legs, it seems as though they don't move as fast as they would if you were brought in in a wheelchair.

It is a shame that so many are walking into clinics in the beginning only to wind up in a wheelchair before finally being diagnosed. My hope is that one day soon, someone will find a way to swiftly identify ALS in its early stages.

There must be something ALS does early on, some way it behaves that can be used to differentiate it from any other disease. It has to have some sort of marker somewhere that is there, just not found yet.

I've gotten worse since my last appointment in July and hope that my degraded condition will aid/hasten the neuros to figure out just what it is that is putting me out of business. Elsewise, a wheelchair too soon!

Zaphoon

p.s. I mowed the lawn today. Kind of an experiment to see if I get as good a case or worse of DOMS like I did last time I mowed.

Last edited:
I think doctors are more apt to get in a hurry when the clinical presentation is really bad (i.e. you can't walk, move your arms or speak). If you still have reasonably good use of arms and legs, it seems as though they don't move as fast as they would if you were brought in in a wheelchair.

It is a shame that so many are walking into clinics in the beginning only to wind up in a wheelchair before finally being diagnosed. My hope is that one day soon, someone will find a way to swiftly identify ALS in its early stages.

There must be something ALS does early on, some way it behaves that can be used to differentiate it from any other disease. It has to have some sort of marker somewhere that is there, just not found yet.

I've gotten worse since my last appointment in July and hope that my degraded condition will aid/hasten the neuros to figure out just what it is that is putting me out of business. Elsewise, a wheelchair too soon!

Zaphoon

p.s. I mowed the lawn today. Kind of an experiment to see if I get as good a case or worse of DOMS like I did last time I mowed.
So how did the lawn mowing go?

I hear what you’re saying about Neuros. Early on, my Dr. ordered and MRI that showed a somewhat large brain legion. I called up the Neuro who had seen me and diagnosed me with normal everything. I asked her about the legion and she just said, "ifa you goa blind in one eye, ora you can't use one leg, then call me back."

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back