Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Angeles
I have already read the sticky note but I just have some questions I need answering. Sorry if this seems long or you have read this before, I just really want to make sure.

My symptoms:
-Muscle twitching all over body (Legs, Back, Arms)
I will say it started a few days ago and I was really anxious and stressed about a stomach flu and me searching up my symptoms on google really didn’t help, but I just want to make sure. Also I only really get them when sat down or lying down, if I stand up they don’t happen.

-Soreness/Pain
I get the occasional pain on either one of my limbs but it doesn’t last very long, maybe a couple minutes. I did do some physical excercise to make sure my arms and legs were working well. Again, my actions could be the cause of this but I just want to make sure that pain isn’t an early symptom.

-Joint cracking on my legs.
I knew one used to crack a lot if I stretched it but I may just be noticing it more do to my worrying, but when I stand up or stretch they tend to crack more. No weakness just cracking.

My age is 18

I can still lift up my limbs very well, I have not lost any weight, I can still do physical excercise, and I can walk well.

Questions:
1. Twitching as a starting symptom.
-It said that twitching was not a starting symptom and that weakness is, but I’ve seen many post (mostly from a decade ago) saying that twitching was starting symptom, recent post (now until a few years ago) say that twitching comes later when the muscles are already dying. So who is correct?

2. How long till it clearly is affecting you.
-I’ve read post saying that it starts with a twitch or slight weakness then they are finally diagnosed years later, assuming they lived a fairly normal life in those years. How long can it take to really take toll?

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Go see a doctor. If anxiety about your symptoms causes you to ignore or disbelieve the clearly stated points in "READ BEFORE POSTING" about twitching, only a doctor will be able to provide you any sort of reassurance. An ALS forum is not for you (good news!) but you probably need a check up to make sure something else isn't going on.

Multi id. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back