Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
NL
State
flevoland
City
blaap
I've passed my neurologists clinical exam, and i had an clean MRI. He said to me that als has nothing to do with sensory and i most definatly dont have it because i passed his clinical exam. However, i've read this report that showed how some als patients ( 5% or so ) got fascics as a symptom first but never had an EMG because they were found to be benign.. but developed real weakness a few months later. I know als at my age ( 21 ) is very rare, and being in that group is even more rare.. but i just cant seem to rest my mind about this.

Can somebody please explain this? Wright?

When you say "clinical" are you referring to his tests, like for reflexes and all? What about blood work, did they check your b12 and other stuff (thyroid, diabetes, etc.)?

When you say "clinical" are you referring to his tests, like for reflexes and all? What about blood work, did they check your b12 and other stuff (thyroid, diabetes, etc.)?

Yes, thats what i mean with clinical

They tested for iron levels, calcium levels, b12, lyme, etc.. all normal.

You are 21 years old with not enough weakness or atrophy for a doctor to do an EMG. I would take this as good news and run with it. You have so much living to do! I am twice your age and 21 feels like yesterday. Time is going to whirl by, so don't spend it worrying about things that you cannot control, things that most likely will never happen.

Keep busy and keep your mind off of your fasics. Apparently the doctor finds them benign! That is GREAT news! I would do as advised to Dee Dee, stay away from here unless something solid crops up and your doctor is considering a diagnosis of ALS seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back