Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
Has anyone else besides me noticed how many "so often, so seemingly similar", DIHALS Threads of those suffering from fear of death anxiety end in "God Bless"... ? I hope religion isn't causing severe anxiety in some of these young folks on top of their related psychosis.

Al, suspect it's more a thing of trying to sound like they really care. Belief in God, regardless of which faith or religion you follow, should make you less afraid of death. Not to say that it completely takes fear away but less fearful

>Not to say that it completely takes fear away but less fearful

Ditto that!

Me, I will go to the Rainbow Bridge 1st ...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Dalvin, first, I have nothing against religion or those who are religious. But... it is and has been proven by hundreds of psychiatrists (and some of the greats) that religion is a direct cause of psychosis in some. Most of all... those who were brought up in heavy religious families. Or, those who believe prayer solves all problems and being saved will save them. Then, those who want God to bless everybody but apparently themselves, maybe not realizing it's their God trying to tell them through their Neurologist... "You don't have ALS."
They are in denial that their God is telling them, "No... it's not your time."

No, prayer does not solve all problems, as those who have ALS/MND eventually come to accept. As for being saved, that's not a free ticket... how they live their lives after being saved makes that ticket valid. But, I know a few folks who are putting too much trust in that belief. Not for me to judge... hope it works out for them.

Again, I wrote, "psychosis in some"... but it's more like many unfortunately.

Just seems to me there are so many who are suffering from nothing more than severe anxiety always wanting to end their Thread or Post with... God Bless. It sure would be great if their God would bless them.

Anywhoooo....

I think that when people use God Bless at the end of their message on the DIHALS thread it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with religion or God, but is their way of acknowledging the sorrow and compassion they feel for those of you that have ALS. They might be self centered in their obsessions about their health concerns, but they do read this forum and know what PALS are experiencing. They wish to give some sort of comfort and there really aren't any phrases that do that as well as saying may God Bless you. Just my two cents.

I guess, to me, the phrase (words), "God Bless" have become as common and sometimes meaningless in sincerity as,
"I'm Sorry" - "Thank You" - "You're Welcome" - "How Nice to See You" - "Have a Nice Day" - "Have a Blessed Day" - (but a Southern comment some may not get, "Well, Bless Your Heart..." should be the reply to some of these anxiety patients.)

But... the "God Bless" at the end of so many, seemingly similar new Threads in the DIHALS Forum from those overwhelmed with serious anxiety has me wondering. Really? :)

PS. Thinking that many members are not from the South... Southern politeness in the phrase, "Well, bless your heart"... is the unspoken sub-meaning for, "You're so full of shit." :) Sorry. (But really I'm not... see above.)

Ok, so much for that.

I am still recovering from the reading of the UK guy who says he is 29 but with a TEENAGE son! blimey! by my reckoning he became a father by age 16 at the latest!

I am still recovering from the reading of the UK guy who says he is 29 but with a TEENAGE son! blimey! by my reckoning he became a father by age 16 at the latest!

HA I missed that point Jan!

Aw Max you made me cry... I long to see my lost babies at Rainbow Bridge!

>Aw Max you made me cry... I long to see my lost babies at Rainbow Bridge!

here are a few waiting for me:

Bala 1958
Whiskey Duke 1973
Sammy 1978
Sean 1979
Sneaks (Sidddiqitty) 1984
Fred 1985 (party cocker)
Johannes(Hannes) 1990
Henry 1990
Rosie 2002
Eva 2004
Seamus 2004
Rocky 2007
Boots 2007 (LHMD, Irish wannbe)
Paddy 2007
Beanie 2009 (LHMD, Boots baby, Irish wannbe)
Keefer 2011

and that is the short list :)

here is my heart:

http://youtu.be/fs4oHQxl24U?list=FLQ7TS6m-FVDYKFp5S3LHKOg

sorry Boots & Beanie are still here with us, as is Reny & Maize.

Max, I just watched the You Tube clip and they are magnificent! I think your babies & mine would have been great friends! We at least have a lot of sweet kisses to look fotward to receiving!:)

I've just had the most lovely spellbound 18 minutes watching that video Max, thank you for sharing, I smiled, laughed and had tears every few seconds as the shots flicked past!

>Max, I just watched the You Tube clip and they are magnificent!
>I've just had the most lovely spellbound 18 minutes watching that video Max, thank you for sharing, I smiled, laughed and had tears every few seconds as the shots flicked past!

thank you -- we never forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back