Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
keystone heights
If you can induce your twitching by stretching the muscle...it is not a good sign, is this true?

I could do that, if I would have bet a friend $100 that I could stretch and get a twitch when they were at the height of their worst time, I would have been a millionaire.

Guess what, it wasn't ALS. It was lyme disease. I bet your twitches aren't ALS.

i really hope not...and pray not...i had digestive issues preceding the twitches...i had a parasite cryptosperdium...do you think that could have brought them on?

codya,

have you researched that parasite? I would and maybe you can get some answers. My twitching started after a GI infection also. If your GI is messed up and you are not absorbing the proper nutrients then that may cause some twitching. Is that all you have?

parasite and lyme bacteria are distant cousins. Lyme causes twitching. I'd say its highly probable.

yes...but what worries me is that it is in one arm, and it is constant...right above the elbow...i can make it more intense if a stretch that muscle....i also think i have weakness, and am constantly thinking i see atrophy...even though i know i can be imagining that due to my anxiety....i will do more research though....thanks

I'm not sure where you read that inducing a muscle to twitch by stretching it is bad, but it is untrue. Please try to relax.

im trying tooo....i cant remember where i read it....

CLINT

I had a "funny" bite on my leg while pregant and it lasted awhile and kinda looked like a bullseye. I went to the doc and got a lyme test. It was a western blot and no strands tested positive. I read at the time that you can test to soon and it wont show. Mine was really soon and Maybe I should have a re check at Igenx?
I dont think lymes as I dont have alot of cramping (everything else als related) just a cramp feeling.

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back