• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

I heard him play again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear netty,i am so very sorry to hear of freddies passing.
we all know how devoted you were to freddie and how much you both went through.
you both have touched so many people with your courage and love for one another.
freddie definatly lives on in you and everyone who had the privilage to know him.
you are in my thoughts and prayers. godbless.

Netty,
I was so saddend to hear of Freddie's passing. I have read so many of your posts, I feel as if I know the two of you. You both were lucky to have each other.
"If you listen with your heart you will always hear his song"

Netty,

I'm so sorry to hear of Freddie's passing. My heart goes out to you, may your memories comfort you always. You and Freddie were such a great team.

xo paula

Netty-

I am sad to hear of your loss. Freddie has had an impact on so many people and been a true inspiration -and your genuine love and compassion shines right through. I am praying for you and your loved ones this very minute.

Love,
Cindy

Netty,

Sorry for your loss.

Our Deepest Sorrow

Thanks Capt. Al for letting me know on Saturday of Freddie's passing. Tim came home from the Hospital on Saturday and that evening I told him about Freddie. He and I cried. He cried from the depth of his Heart. We have so much sorrow for you both. I told Tim Freddie was an Angel singing in Heaven now. Netty, I don't if you got my text message. Please E-Mail me your address.

Love Always,
Lorie and Tim (PALS)

Netty -

I cannot tell you how sorry I am! You have pages of responses - that tells you how much you mean to so many people.

As for me - I am the caregiver, just like you. You have inspired and touched me more than you know. You are in the pantheon of my heroes.

I wish you all the peace and love you deserve. Please keep in touch as you continue to travel this journey, with Freddie in a different place. I will think of you often and send my best thoughts your way.

Beth

So sorry for your loss.

Nettie,

Even though we haven't spoken here before I know that all of us here are friends and I would like to say how sorry I am to hear of Freddie's passing.

Keep on Rockin Freddie! His music and spirit lives on in all of us.

Hi Netty ~ I'm so sorry for your loss! May Freddie rest in peace.

Dear Netty,
I can't tell you how sorry I am. I haven't been on in a while so please accept my appoligies for the delay.
You are such a strong woman and an inspiration. Freddy will always be with you.
Again, I am so sorry, He is at peace.
In friendship
Jeannie

I am sorry to hear this, Netty. Freddy was lucky to have you in his life and I am sure you will miss him!

Oh Netty, I am so sorry to hear about Freddie. Hugs to you. Take care of yourself.

Netty, Im so sorry for the loss of your best friend, as you have put it. I havent been on for a while, soo sorry for the delay. I hope you have been ok in the last few weeks, and I hope you have had some comfort in friends and family.

You have been an inspiriation as a cals, in the way you loved and looked after Freddie. I know your advice has been appreciated by all cals out there.

Take Care of yourself now

Thanks to all!

Thanks so much for all the replies, it has been very hard to deal with I never dreamed that Freddie would die, but then again it took me for ever to deal with him having the damn disease to begin with, hell that was from the very beginning. We always felt that we were going to another planet when we went to the ALS clinic. Freddie hated that place, he said that at home just him and I alone always made him feel safe and not afraid of the disease. I think the Drs. reminded him that he was going to eventually fall victim of the damn disease. At home all he would talk about was waiting on the cure, his last visit to the hospital two weeks before he passed he would reply to the doctors when they would ask him if he needed anything, just to bring him a can of stem cells. He never gave up hope. He smiled and had a great time the night before he died, He was up till around midnight. My girlfriend and an avid fan of Freddie's was here joking with him and he had her laughing talking to her on ERICA. He was fine. At around 4 am, he popped off the vent, I jumped up and reconnected him instantlly. I then woke up around 6 and thought he never asked to go to the bathroom, I started looking and calling his name and no response. I put his heart and oxygen monitor on his finger, It instantly showed a red 81 and I thought oh shit.......I hovered over him calling him and shaking him, no response. I thought for a brief moment that I should grab a bottle of oxygen and start bagging him, but I didn't.. I felt like he just wanted me to walk away, I think that I had called my sister, which would of never been the person I would of called...she never "got it" . Any way, I was begging her to please not call 911 that he was going to wake up, well a few minutes later here they were, I remember one of the paramedics saying "oh sh*t it is Freddie" I gave them the DNR, I didn't want them crushing his sternum, he was so thin. While they were reading it the one guy was crying and asked the other to "pronounce" him...........I wanted to die, by this time the house was full of my neighbors and friends..........It happened so quick....
I was beating myself up that I didn't get up in time for weeks......I couldn't believe that I slept through a beep...........Well time went by and then I started thinking and I mean hard thinking...I remembered that when they first pit in the pic line 3 months prior that the had him on a blood thinner. They had found a bllod clot in his arm. Well he had been scoped three times in about a 6 week period. He had .been in the hospital twice. He was only home 2 weeks before he passed. About a month prior to Freddie's death they told him to discontinue the blood thinner, they never took any blood tests to check the levels. I am sure that he passed away from a blood clot, I hope, I think that the pressure of the clot maybe caused him to pop off the vent, not me sleeping through it, also I think that if that was it, it was quick.......He was not in distress, he looked peaceful.
Well then it was another few weeks of beating myself up that I didn't check the blood levels, anyone that knows me knows I never missed a beat with him.........NEVER!
I have now had more time to analyze, because that is what I do.....lol.........bad habit.
I am so relieved that Freddie is free of that horrible body and his spirit is free!
I miss him so......I have never loved like that before that was my soul mate....
I will make sure that I have my ticket to the big show!
The last thing Freddie typed was I Love you Annette.

Freddie's funeral was standing room only, people were in the halls, outside and in the parking lot, the funeral home said that there was around 2000 people there they had never say anything like that. It was a celebration! His old guitar player played the National Anthem and everyone stood at the end and cheered Freddie's name! I was amazed at all of the love in the room for my Freddie. He looked so good, free of the tubes and mostly at peace. His body was covered in guitar picks from fellow musicians, the members of ZZ Top were there, it was like a huge jam session.

I have tried my best to move on and stay busy, it is not as easy as it sounds, my body is trashed, my mind is so overwhelmed. I have really put my body through some stuff.
I have decided to go to school, I will start in the fall. I am going to be a Respitory Therapist. Yes of all things, I want to do that. I want to give back...
Well I have carpal tunnel........lol.........I will be back, I feel better now, I want to help all that I can......Thanks for all the love and support!
netty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back