Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thank you it has. I’m just so upset right now. I need to let it out and then refocus. Thank you for your patience.

Well, to be complete, Bestfriends, there is a flail arm variant, which my husband had, in which the proximal (upper) arms are affected first, but Mathilda, you are not describing how it typically manifests.

Oh God. How did your husband realize it? Mine started randomly when I realized I couldn’t lift heavy groceries. The arm can still life light things. Does this type of als progress quickly? I’m at the point now where I am hoping I have enough time for my youngest child to have memories with me. :(

Mathilda, Laurie was speaking about a very specific issue that she also noted was not the issue with you according to your report. Please understand that reading and researching here is only adding to your anxiety now. The best thing you can do is visit with the doctor and start working on your symptoms and get more information based on the clinical exam the doctor will conduct. Anything else at this time is speculation.

Please let us know how your appointment goes.

That's right, Laurie, flail arm. I forgot about that. Matilda, I was at a clinic with someone with flail arm and it did not start the way you are describing.

As such, you are asking dying people to hand hold you through your anxiety; that's not cool at all. As you have confessed previously, you have an obsessive personality. Please don't take it out on the folks here.

Best of luck at the docs; you dont have ALS and they'll tell you the same thing.

Take good care and please update after you've seen the neuro.

I am so sorry and ashamed. I feel terrible. Thank you deeply for your support. I know I don’t deserve it. Prayers to everyone.
z

I wanted to update in case anyone reads this.
After I wrote my first post I started twitching everywhere. The worst areas were my knee and tongue. I was soooo stressed about everything. Anyway I went to see my neurologist today and he did an emg and nerve test in my weak arm. He told me that my emg was normal but that I had a rotary cuff issue. He is sending me for an mri.
I was certain I had als.
Now that I am on the other side, I can see things more clearly. I think people who are worried about als need to stop being so pushy to the people on here. Please remember that the disease you fear is some people’s reality. It breaks my heart.
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am quite spiritual and will be praying for everyone.

Thank you for returning and sharing. Congratulations and swift healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back