I have just noticed "dents" in the side of my tongue...what the heck is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamabw

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Bedford
I have just noticed "dents" in the side of my tongue...what the heck is that?

I have never noticed it before. Does anyone know what that is. I have had some speach problems, and now I see these dents on the side of my tongue...about 3 on each side of the front section of my tongue. Someone please let me know if they know what this could be?

bama, hi! Sorry about your issues. Have you been to a doc yet, since you are having speech problems? Good luck!

Irma

I started having speech problems about a year ago. Just having difficulty getting my words out...sometimes it sounds like I have been drinking. I had all of the tests done...MRI's, EMG, checked my gait, muscle strength, and everything was normal. I have noticed in the last month or 2 that my speech is a bit worse. I looked in the mirror today, and noticed the dents in the side of my tongue, and freaked out. Is there anyone out there who has similar symptoms?

Re: I have just noticed "dents" in the side of my tongue...what the heck is that?

I have dents in the side of my tongue from time to time, including right now. They are caused by my teeth. I presume my tongue is somewhat swollen and this condition is sometimes quite painful, other times I only notice it when I look in the mirror. I think one of the things that can cause the indentations is deficiency of some of the B vitamins. You might try a supplement.

Re: I have just noticed "dents" in the side of my tongue...what the heck is that?

I have these as well. They line up exactly to my teeth. They are always there but sometimes they are more pronounced if my tongue is pressing up on my teeth and I am not aware. I dont have any noticeable speech problems other that extra saliva build up and it is so minor and nothing I should notice but I do.

Why are you asking your questions here at this board? Those questions belong on a forum that talks about ear, nose, and throat or maybe even a dentistry forum.

I've got dents on the sides too... most likely scalloped tongue.. which is a pretty common thing... we tend to notice these things more when we are researching our bodies. good news is, I've had these dents for atleast 2 years.. and I can still sing and talk ;)

Hey Awieleba.

Yup, don't worry about it. Scalloped tongue; I've got it too and my speech is fine. I've seen plenty of my friends who have it as well.

Well, I'm pretty well dinged up but it's not due to any disease. I'm a klutz!

My tongue is okay - it's hard to fall on your tongue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back