Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to be back asking a question before I have a diagnosis, but I saw my Neurologist again as I have not stopped regressing and he felt there was no need to do another EMG or testing. He didn't perform a Neuro exam the last two visits over the last month. Over the last week I have started to have trouble picking things up, clasping, grasping, opening med bottles etc with both my hands. I dropped a bunch of change yesterday and couldn't pick it up easily. Almost like my fingers couldn't get underneath them. The twitching and painful spasms have now moved to my hands and forearms as well, for the last month it had stayed in my calves and upper thighs mostly. Is loss of hand coordination and dexterity considered weakness? I am trying to find another Neurologist at the moment who will do an MRI, etc.

If you feel your current neurologist is not taking good care of you then a second opinion is reasonable. However, he must be very sure that you don’t need more testing as it would be easy to order things if he had the slightest doubt.

ALS just doesn’t hit both sides at once like that. You are reporting symptoms in so many places. Respiratory symptoms and all extremities. Extremely aggressive ALS which still spreads in a pattern you aren’t reporting would be unmistakable

Thank you Nikki for that info and assurance, I will pursue this next Neurology appointment as quick as I can. I feel maybe my current doc might not be concerned because of my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back