Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
Holidays are especially hard now. I was diagnosed with ALS 2 years ago and all of our parents have died or gone into nursing homes in the last few years. My family isn't close and my husband's brother tends to go with his wife's side for holidays.

So that leaves me and my dear teenage son alone most holidays since my husband usually works. I've tried to stay upbeat for my son's sake but I'm so incredibly sad at these losses thru the years.

How do I stay happy when I'm dying? I feel like its my fault noone wants to be around us now.

I am so sorry. Holidays can be a reminder of how things should be but are not. It is hard to stay upbeat and happy for those around us when we feel like crap for the way things have turned out. It is not fair no way, no how. We must however do what we can to be strong for our kids, they love us no matter what. Hang in there best you can. Hugs!

Sometimes it truly is difficult to stay upbeat, I hear you. But as for life for anyone, it's too short. Try not to waste what you have in sadness and woe. Try to see the blessings you have right now. Believe it or not, there is much to be thankful for Dear One! We are blessed!
Have a happy Thanksgiving! {{{BIG HUGS}}}

Holidays are tough for many, many reasons! God Bless!

I'm sorry life has been so heartbreaking for you, I can't imagine how hard that is for you...Can I send you a big cyber (((HUG)))!

Oftentimes when you see all the sadness, if you concentrate on the good you have in your life, you'd be surprised at how blessed you are. No matter how bad you have it, there's always someone else who has it worse.

How are you doing, by the way? I've read a few of your posts and am wondering how the diagnoses is. Still ALS or lyme or something else?

Can you start a new tradition with your inlaws? Maybe the day before or the day after? Sometimes people just need to be reminded that you may like to be included. How old is your son? Creating memories for him in a new or different way would be fun.

I wish I could bring you and your son into our family. All of my family. Inlaws and friends. Have pulled even closer togeather since I was diagnosed. Your family is full of idiots not to want to do every thing they possibly can for you now. if you can make it to AL. We would love to have you. Praying. Hugs and more Hugs

Felica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back