Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
My 17 year old and I have spent the whole day waiting for him to go into surgery. I cannot tell you how brave I had to be! It never occurred to me that I would be near tears all day. I felt like I was flashing back on all of the times Terry and I were in rooms waiting for a test result or a doctor to give us an opinion, etc. I wanted to scream! When they talked about intubating him, I almost fell apart. I think the doctor could see that I was hanging on by a thread. Daniel had no idea I was about to bust. I carefully positioned myself behind his line of vision. All should be fine with him. Quite a lesson in how fragile I really am right now.

Of course you are! I'd be more surprised if you weren't. I'm glad everything is fine with him. Surgery is always scary--even without the added trauma of losing a loved one so recently.

I'm so glad you got through it and he's fine. Even though you were barely hanging on - you DID hang in there.

He should be out of surgery in the next hour or so.

Sending you healing and positive thoughts Missy!

You are an incredible woman! I wish your son a speedy recovery!

Missy, I hope your son is going to be ok. Every time something happens with Bruce, I get flashbacks of my first husband, hospitals, tests..seems like we are very fragile. That's because we have been hurt, and shattered. Love You!

Missy, I hope you will update us on his condition as well as your's! We are beside you, holding you up...

Praying for you and your son Missy. ((((Big Hugs))))
You are strong and can do this, you are an inspiration to us all.

Thoughts and prayers going out for you and your son.

Missy hope everything works out for you and your son. You are an awesome woman!

We're home. He is doing good. Lots of pain, but all should be well. For those of you (women) who want to look it up, and those of you (men) who have strong stomachs! look it up - bilateral orchiopexy for intermittent testicular torsion with 2 epididymal cysts. Thank you all for the encouraging words.

Oh my Missy, you are brave! I'm glad all went well, hope the pain diminishes!

Jen

Bless his heart! Glad you're home safe. Hope the recovery goes well. Prayers continue for you both.

That had to be painful! OUCH! Hope is recovering well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back