Status
Not open for further replies.
Your pockets may be M T but your heart is full. You're the best!
Take care,
Jane

Hi Jane- Hope your hubby is feeling better today. I also did not get the MT reference. that should be my nickname, LOL! :-D

To whimsy and anyone who ever accidentally hurt their PAL. captain Al is right. It was not intentional. That's why they call it an accident, unfortunately.

Christy,

Hope Dave is doing well. Hope you are feeling better.

don't be so hard on yourself! Like others have said, you are doing the best you can and I'm sure your husband appreciates you immensely.

I've read horror stories about "professional" caregivers and PALS. Believe me, your husband is lucky to have you, as you take a special interest in his well being. Your love means more than any fall/accident!

Thanks, Cindy. He is better. It's hard to hurt a good man. LOL ;-)

Christy and Jane--
Glad to hear that all ended well with both situations. Gerald had several of those when he was still mobile. Don't be too hard on yourselves because you are both experienced with helping others. It's a lot harder to stay calm and objective when it's YOUR family member. It's also hard when it happens so quickly.
Christy--I hope you get a hoyer soon. We have had one for a while now. Just a word of advice--be sure you get good instruction on using it. We didn't find out we were using it backwards until a visit to RIC when they put him in the opposite way. Sure was easier after that. LOL.
Sharon

Sharon,
Thanks for the encouragement. You've got that right, it's so different when it's your own family member! :cry:

That's hilarious about using the hoyer lift backwards! :lol: We're definitely not born knowing how to use this equipment!

Thanks for the laugh.
Jane

I am also a 911 dispatcher. My mother was diagnosed in Feb 08. She just recently got her feeding tube. She was very reluctant to get the tube but she is doing really well so far. My father is in the same position that you are. It tears him up to see my mother stumble or fall. I have a young daughter that lights up my parents home when she visits. My mother has been a real trooper. Most people in her shoes would be miserable. She laughs at herself most of the time. We treat her as normal as possible. I have no idea how far this will progress. All we can do is make her remaining time as meaningful as possible.

Keep your head up and do the best you can. That is all you can do.:|

I dont even know where to begin. I feel so scared, awful, and just terrible.

Yesterday I was attempting to transfer my husband who was very week from a trip the day before. His legs were so week. I dropped him, he feel and hit his head on the floor so hard. I called for ambualnce as he was kind of out of it and moaned at first. Then he started coming around and he kept asking what happened so I knew something was wrong. (I kept thinking omg what have I done, I hurt him. What if I hurt him bad, omg what have I done)

I hurt my husband! I looked at him so lifeless and helpless laying on the floor in a daze and I paniced. Im a 911 dispatcher and I freeked. I cant beleave I hurt my husband. I cried all day and night. Im so afraid of what will happend next. Why dont we get the help we need. Why do things like this have to happen. We should get more support, more help. Why does it have to be so hard. :evil:

Im so tired of not having help. I cant do this by myself anymore. I dont know what to do. :cry::confused::evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back