Reason
Other
Country
VEN
State
Caracas
City
Caracas
i'm 21 years old. (I learned english by my own, so i apologize for any mistake)

2 months ago i had an Arrhythmia for like 4 days. After that, i had a problem in my neck, it was hard stand my head with my neck, and that came with Dizziness (it stoped after a week)

Now, i've had fasciculation for the past 10 days, i could not notice them at first i kind ignore them but then they becomed more "noisy", i felt like my veins were vibrating, and it happened all over my body, so i google about it and find out about the name "fasciculation" and then "ALS", i felt a lot of fear and i couldn't stand myself and started thinking about suicide, at this point the twitches becamed more "noisier and noisier"... I found a video about someone talking about how he had an Arrhythmia just like me and after that the twitches. He talked and said how after all he didn't have anything, everything was stress and anxiety.

And then noticed that just before the twitches i had two problems that caused me a lot of anxiety, because all my life i've suffer anxiety of everything, even just going outside, and that give me hope, and then these twitches became more "silent" and not that "hard". "It was all because of my anxiety(the fasciculations)? or is just me giving me hope?" I wonder... but now i'm having panic attacks and i feel kind paranoi.,i feel a portion of the left side of my face kinda sleepy and i'm starting to think that my left pinky and ring finger are staying to close to each other...i'm a mess right now. My legs become also sleepy if i don't move them for a while more quickly than usual.

I haven't feel any kind of pain with the twitches, and i think that they are more common in my left leg and left arm, but while i'm saying this i have also twitches in other parts of my body like the right leg and the neck for example, so it could be just me being paranoic about it.

PD: I'm currently waiting for Cardiologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and an Brain electrocardiogram (The neurologist send me to make me some test, and then come again to her, but i didn't have twitches when i visited her) and i've lost 40kg in a little bit more than a year, i'm currently 63kg (172cm), but i'm from Venezuela and there is a HUGE crisis of food and medicine/doctors (in the worst case scenario i won't be able to see a doctor so this website would be my only way to know if i should be worry or not), everyone have lost weight here, but i did read that the ALS can make you lost weight so i'm very worried. And since ALS is not a common disease my family dont take me seriously when i say that i have fear.

You don't have ALS. It looks like you have found the right doctors to help you with your issues.
Best wishes. It will serve you well if you stay off this forum. You don't need to get any ideas that will generate more symptoms.
anxiety can cause twitches. They are harmless but your anxiety needs treatment.

Thanks for the reply KimT i appreciate it, after dozens of pages finally i got an answer.

And yes i'm worry that i could generate more symptoms if i read them but at the same time i was searching how the ALS starts and how quickly(Because i wanted to know when i should start worrying about it, although i already do it), because i just wanna relax for a bit, because this sensation of my left leg falling asleep for example makes me have a panic attack. So i don't know how to deal with these emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back