I did a stupid thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. Wait. Tylenol with cheap American Whiskey, Merlot, or Okanagan Pinot Noir. Now I am getting confused. Just how much research do you guys expect a girl to imbibe, er, accomplish?:-D

As we like to say: Do what you can while you still can. LOL AL.

Say you know what? Half the time I am stumbling around like a drunken sailor anyway...might as well have a sip or two since people proabably already suspect I've been hitting the bottle!:wink:

Well then Happy Thanksgiving.!

You have a nice day yourself, Al. And all the rest of the members, too!

Cindy,

If foot drop is your primary problem right now, maybe you can get a physical therapy consult for them to make you an AFO (ankle-foot othrotic I think it stands for....lol...I'm speech so not sure if that's the right term although I do know the acronym is correct)...it's used a lot with stroke patient's, MS patients or anyone with foot drop...keeps your toes up, you'd probably have to buy a large size shoe though, but it would be worth it!

I'm not diagnosed yet, but whatever I have, I plan on walking my dog for as long as I can!

Linda :-D

Hi Linda. Funny how the mind works sometimes. This is my third or 4th fall in the last 12 months. Back when we thought I had carpul tunnel or a pinched nerve, I never connected the feet to the hands. Then I started doing research on this site and others and learned what to look for. So, practical, face-it-and-deal-with-it me, did I tell any of my Docs that I fell? Did I even go to the Dr for the sprained ankle? Noooo. I just got out the ice and ace bandages. But I do go to most of the Docs next month so I'll 'fess up then. I just needed to pretend for a bit, is all.

Hi Cindy,

I understand. I do that at times too. I'm in limbo. I was thinking I had MS, but my MRIs keep coming up negative. One of my neuros said I had upper motor neuron involvement and I think I have lower as well. My last MRI showed atrophy in my spinal cord, so no I am think motor neuron disease as I have lots of spasticity and cramps and stuff.

Let me know how things go!

Don't forget to ask about an PT consult for a AFO.

Linda

Thanks for the support, Linda. I hope htey come up with some answers for you soon, too!

Hi Cindy,

Just a quick hello. I do too. I'm trying not to self diagnose, but after going through all this for over 2 years it's hard. I also know so much about neurology from working with neuro patients.

I noticed today that I have asymmetrical movement of my soft palate (velum) so there is some loss there...ugh. I also have tongue fasiculations at times. Maybe my stuff will still come up with Lyme's? Here's hoping I guess.....but I've had Lyme titers 2 years in a row that have been negative.

I've got to go see some patients for swallowing. I hope you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back