Status
Not open for further replies.
The Doors - Riders of the Storm fantastic music, I'm streaming Classic Rock but that's that. Wow so much doom and fear and confusion and a few other things that are in this forum. I didn't really think I would find this attitude here not here?

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" is the attitude we should have here, I'm Blood Bought, meaning this: at one time in my life I opened my mouth and confessed died Christ, was buried and rose from the dead, and I believed that in my heart, He died for my sins. According to scripture the Holy Ghost "sealed" my soul, therefore I know I am Blood Bought, that my name is found or better yet written in the Book of life, What else can I say, what else can I do?

Death is the curse that sin and transgression has laid upon God’s beautiful creation. And this is the damnation of the hand of him that holds it, that usurper, that interloper, that intruder, that alien, that stranger, that dragon, that serpent, that Satan-devil. and we the Blood Bought have cried tears over of the centuries, the tears of Adam and Eve, driven out of the Garden of Eden, as they bowed over that first grave; as they watered the dust of the ground with their tears over the silent and still form of that son, Abel. Those are the tears of the children of Israel in bondage as they cried unto God in their affliction and in their agony. These are the tears of God’s elect through the centuries as they cried unto heaven. These are the sobs and the tears that have been wrung from the heart and the soul of God’s people as they look on their silent dead, as they stand beside their open graves, as they experience, in the trials and in the sufferings of life, those heartaches and those disappointments indescribable.

But we have hope! All is not lost that is the good news we have life eternal with Christ therefore we should have our eyes on Christ and not this period of life we do find ourselves in. 10,000 idioms come to mind, but as an ALS diagnosed person I will not allow Satan to talk to me like I'm the loser, I am the winner in this game of life. And we all should be listening to what the Spirit has to say to us! Get ready for eternity, get really to fight the enemy one more time as we give up our last breathe and enter into the Kingdom of God!

So I say it again: "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" I'm waiting for the other side of the coin=> Heaven, I'm on my way Lord.

Lynne, what you write so resonates with me. Who would have thought that we would find blessings and treasures hidden for us in this dreadful disease? Treasures of spiritual growth, renewed faith and a deeper appreciation of God's goodness, help, grace and love. Paulette, thank you for sharing so openly your beautiful testimony. I was touched by it. I always marvel at God's ways and how He draws souls to His Son, Jesus. My experience the opposite of yours, yet similar. I was in evangelical churches most of my life, but it was in the Catholic church that I came to know Christ in a richer, deeper, more living way. It was daily Holy Communion that drew me there 12 years ago. How amazing God is in the ways He works in our souls and in the ways He leads us! I share your love of scripture. I've always loved scripture, but since my diagnosis, I have grown to love the Word of God more. Our pastor tells us we need to be "steeped" in scripture. Blessings to all you dear Christians on the forum!
- Charlene

At Bible study last night we were talking about RC Sproul and his magnificent understanding of Scripture and ability to teach and preach. Pastor said that most of us are jacks-of-all-trades, understanding a little about a lot, but RC was one who understood a lot about one thing, the Bible. Charlene's pastor says "steeped" and I've heard others use the word "marinated"... a very good idea.

Solomon asked God for wisdom to rule His people. I think we could all ask Him for a hunger for His Word, that we might be people after His own heart, like David was. Like Daniel was. Like Job...

My friend Jerry died from ALS in December last year. He said that one thing God had given him in ALS was "all the time in the day" to study His Word and that gift had become such a wonderful thing to him. We all have trouble making enough time in the day to be in the Word...

We all love Romans 8:28. Maybe, just maybe, if we marinate a bit longer we can also in the midst of ALS learn to love and cling to what Job said, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him."

Osilo.......Amen brother. You remind me of me! I have chosen to believe that God is using me to save others. It's my goal every day to walk the walk of a Christian man bravely charging through the valley of death....with the peace and comfort only faith in Jesus Christ could allow. I am a warrior of God. I thank him constantly for my whole life, including this journey I'm on toward the Jordan Ford.

May God Bless us all......................Glenn

Osilo.......Amen brother. You remind me of me! I have chosen to believe that God is using me to save others. It's my goal every day to walk the walk of a Christian man bravely charging through the valley of death....with the peace and comfort only faith in Jesus Christ could allow. I am a warrior of God. I thank him constantly for my whole life, including this journey I'm on toward the Jordan Ford.

May God Bless us all......................Glenn

Yes, God bless us all as we try to reflect our deep faith in Him...in all circumstances...even ALS!
Audrey

Tim & I try to get out as often as we can, and that is when we realize how God is using ALS as a mission platform. He has saved Tim's ability to speak, and each time we go out people talk to him. When they find out he has ALS they marvel at his enthusiasm for life, instead of wanting to end life by euthanasia. After talking with him for a while they ask how he has the strength to face this disease and also seem to enjoy life so much, and that is when he is able to talk about the glory of God. Many are Christians and say Amen, but many are not and you can really see the wheels turning. One young man comes often to talk with Tim, and is starting to explore a life change. There are others, and we have also been asked to speak at our church several times. Not all people who go to church are saved and some have come up to us and said how touched they are.
The difficult thing is like Jesus the hardest people we find to reach are our own family, but we will not give up, we will run the race.
Paulette

Tim & I try to get out as often as we can, and that is when we realize how God is using ALS as a mission platform. He has saved Tim's ability to speak, and each time we go out people talk to him. When they find out he has ALS they marvel at his enthusiasm for life, instead of wanting to end life by euthanasia. After talking with him for a while they ask how he has the strength to face this disease and also seem to enjoy life so much, and that is when he is able to talk about the glory of God. Many are Christians and say Amen, but many are not and you can really see the wheels turning. One young man comes often to talk with Tim, and is starting to explore a life change. There are others, and we have also been asked to speak at our church several times. Not all people who go to church are saved and some have come up to us and said how touched they are.
The difficult thing is like Jesus the hardest people we find to reach are our own family, but we will not give up, we will run the race.
Paulette

Paulette, I know exactly what you mean. The Lord is my strength. Without Him I would not be coping. I was not walking closely with the Lord when this all started for me. I was saved but I was going about life not paying all that much attention to the Lord. This has drawn me to Him because I realized my life counts for nothing without Him. I'm back in church, going to Bible studies, listening to Joyce Meyer and Charles Stanley, and reading the Word daily.

I'm in awe that the creator of the universe has a plan for my life and a purpose for me.

Did you and Tim see War Room? I highly recommend it. It's in theaters now.

I have heard war room is very good.
I love Chuck Swindoll. He was a guiding light when I was a teenager.
If it weren't for my faith I'm not sure how I would be coping right now.
My cat, who hates everyone, has been either sitting or sleeping next to me since we've been home. She will return to her normal self I know. But I need her comfort now. And I'm getting it. Thank you God.
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back