I Can't Believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sunny. I know it is frustrating with so many people leaving the Office and the changes in staff. I have made some friends there and they will be gone but not forgotten. That said, there are some new and enthusiastic people there that are working very hard to change things for the better. They should make an announcement on Helen's replacement soon so once that person is in place you'll be able to get back to starting your group.
AL.

S

Mike,

Forget the Oilers they blew it last year, the Tampa Bay Lightning will be the stanley cup champs this year.

:razz: Chad

Them's fightin' words Chad!

hfs-pic.jpg

Actually it's game over for the Oil...but next season we'll kick butt!

Cheers!

a message to pals who knew Iron Erich T

Hi to all PALS,
I am the daughter of Erich Tauchert also know as Iron Erich T. I am just informing
you that after a 12 year battle with ALS Erich passed away on March 10, 2007. He loved
talking to some of you I know because he told me that you were his support link
to his life. I am glad you were there for him and continue to be there for each other.
Keep the fight going as he never gave up. He donated his body to the research of ALS
and we hope that he will be of help for a cure to this disease. God bless all of you.

Nancy Drews

Email [email protected]

Good morning Nancy. Sorry to learn of your Dad. I know you will miss him! I am inspired by his plan to donate his body to research. I think I will do the same when my time comes. Thank you for keeping us informed and feel free to visit us form time to time as you grieve the loss of your Dad. Cindy

Hello, I too would like to find out who we talk to in Toronto. We used the Hamilton office but that is closed now.
I work with the support group here in Niagara. I am finding it tough going with the group. We have only 3 meetings scheduled for this year (depending on attendance).
I would really like to have some names to contact for group info and also to get a new updated list of clients in my area really just a place to go for any info.
I really miss the Hamilton office as I could get info there.
But now ........
Please share any info you get and I will do the same.

take care
Jane

Hello Jane and thank you Al,
If I get any information about a support group I will send it your way. It is hard to believe that the Society has not put more time and effort in getting groups going. We know how valuable it is to feel supported and to talk to people that are going through the same bumpy road. Maybe we can change this!
Have a good day everyone :-D
Sunny

Hi Sunny. We started a support group in Brampton a couple of years ago and l"m the only one left. That is the problem with this disease, the majority of the people with it don't keep their function for a long time and either can't get out or just lose interest or die or move.The Society can only refer the clients that they know about. It is not required to register and not all patients do. The new office staff have to get familiar with all the programs and that may take a while. Its too bad that so many left but the problems have been resolved and I think things will move forward now.
AL.

Hi Nancy. I am sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I am sure he will be missed. Thanks for letting us know.
AL.

Support groups

Hello Al,
I understand how difficult it is to run a support group for PALS. Daniel did not want to go to one, he felt it would be scary .... I am looking into starting a support group for caregivers and for widows. I believe that if the caregivers feel supported and not alone then they can take better care of their love ones. It would be so great to bring people together that are or had experienced the same thing to support eachother and offer advice! so far I have to being able to do it ..... soon I hope!
Take care,
Sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back