State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
That the Oilers traded Ryan Smyth to the Islanders!:twisted:

Ok...nothing to do with ALS but still,
AAAARRRGGHH!

Feb. 28, 2007

My name is Patsy Harris. I had to retire from the engineering department at Texas Tech last May. I was told I had ALS the last day of May last year. I will be 67 this Dec.
my husband past on in Oct. of 2002. I am still getting use to this.

Hi Patsy. Welcome to the forum but sorry about your troubles. Hopefully we'll be able to help with information and support.
AL.

Hi Patsy -

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your circumstances. Have you got family to help you out?

Nice to meet you.

Liz

I am alive

Yes, I sold my home and moved to Keller TX to live with my daughter and her family. They adopted three children and took me on at the same time. I can still walk and drive a little. My speech is almost gone. This hit me when I was 66 years old, so God has been good to me allowing me to work until I could retire. I have a wonderful son in law. My son moved with me so I have both children with me. I could not make it if God wasn’t with me. In May of last year the Dr. said I had about 3 to6 months to live. I will not leave this earth until God is ready for me. I get down now and then I had to have a feeding tube. The clinic in Dallas is getting me a speaking device. There is so much they can do for us now.

In Chridtian Love

Patsy

Hi Patsy -

It sounds as though you are very fortunate to be surrounded by loving family.

Liz

Hello Patzy,
Having faith and family around is very important. I hope you feel supported and loved during this difficult time!
Welcome to the forum!
Sunny

To Mike 27

Sorry Mike! it looks like not too many people here are into hockey. I am in Toronto and the Leaves are doing so bad that I do not want to watch any more .....
Have a good day!
Sunny

Anybody near Toronto such as myself just lose interest in the Leafs and hockey around this time of year. Jays start soon. Spring has almost sprung. Look forward.
AL.

sufernan said:
Sorry Mike! it looks like not too many people here are into hockey. I am in Toronto and the Leaves are doing so bad that I do not want to watch any more .....
Have a good day!
Sunny
Hi Sunny,
To tell you the truth...I wasn't sure how to handle the way the thread went! I wrote it in a light-hearted manner but it kind of took off in a serious mode...which is fine!:-D
People need to talk, so all the power to them!

Back to hockey, I feel the same way. They're 0 and 7 since trading Smyth...it's too painful to watch!

Cheers Sunny!

Hey Al!

You a big Jays fan?
I heard someone say once that you will be able to tell when the end of the world is coming when the Leafs and Jays win championships in the same year!:mrgreen:

Take care pal!

Yes sort of like the Bears winning the Super Bowl. LOL.

Hi sunny. I'm not a BiG Jays fan but do enjoy the game. Jays ALS Awareness Night is Tues. Aug. 7 at 7.07 pm. Jays vs. Yankees. $44 tickets for $30 I'll put a posting in events.
AL.

Mike27 said:
That the Oilers traded Ryan Smyth to the Islanders!:twisted:

Ok...nothing to do with ALS but still,
AAAARRRGGHH!

Mike.. It's hurt the Oilers even more.. Think it was a horrible trade.. But Money talks.. Now if we could get that Money to talk for ALS for the care of patients.. and their needs..

Sports!

Thank you Al for the information! I will try to take my son to the game. Hopefully the Jay do better than the leaves :-D
Do you communicate with the office of the ALS society in Toronto? Helen just left her position and I feel a little Frustrated. I have being trying to get a support group going for caregivers and widows, but so far I did not get too much help from them. Now that Helen is not there I am not even sure who is taking over!
Daniel was a big hockey fun, I do not even know how to skate! but in trying to get my son familiar with the game I got tire of the Leaves - I cannot watch them any more.
I grow up in Europe, so my real passion in sport is Soccer - now that is an art! :mrgreen:
Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back