00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
Hello everyone.
So just a little info about me: 26, and I suffer from anxiety and depression.

2 weeks ago I started having a muscle twitch non stop above my left knee cap, that night of course I googled what it could be and you know what came up... I slowly stated to get very anxious. It kept on for 6 days. I saw my primary doctor because I also was having bad neck and back pain (I have always had some kind of pain but this was a lot worse) He didn’t seem to concern and gave me some muscle relaxers (I don’t believe they did much) My pain and twitching kept up so I saw him a few days later, he sent me to get x rays, they came back fine, just some scoliosis, but nothing that concerned the doctor.

A couple days later the one muscle twitching went away, but then I started having a lot of other ones all over my body (from my collarbone down) they will twitch a few times and then go away, but eventually come back in the same spot. I’m also having what feels like pain in my bones (but maybe that’s from all the anxiety tightening my bones)

If this is something like ALS , isn’t all of this a sudden? I’m just nervous that I’m making my self sick. And I’m scared to go back to the doctor. 

Also last November I found out I had a vitamin d deficiency, and were given supplements, I had blood test again a month ago but the doctor didn’t say anything about it being low, just to start taking over the counter supplements.

Tallguy, your opening sentence...

"So just a little info about me: 26, and I suffer from anxiety and depression."

Ok.

Then...

"I’m just nervous that I’m making my self sick."

True.

Nothing in your post suggests ALS.
Please read this if you have not already done so:

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

Please seek help for your anxiety. You’re in the wrong place here.

Also what has kind of gotten me scared is that I hear a lot of crackling like noise when I move my neck (I have actually had that for probably a couple of years now) also noticed I have a muscle popping like movement when I move my arms or legs, not sure if this has been going on for a while and Im just now starting to notice it and being paranoid. Im not having any speech problems and no one has said they have noticed anything strange about my behavior.

Hi there- if you are too scared to go to your doctor, you must deal with your anxiety. It is preventing you from seeking in-person medical care and prompting you to post about non ALS symptoms on a forum for folks with ALS and their caregivers.

Please re-read the above linked post again and take Karen's advice to seek help from the correct practitioner. The folks here really can not help you- particularly if you can not gain reassurance from the link and replies you've already received.

Last post and I’m done.

I’m curious though if more then one als symptom can happen within a month or two. Twitching, muscle weakness, one arm shaking. Also I have heard having twitching in multiple places in the body can point away from als, I have had twitches on my forehead and can feel a few in my lower stomach and butt. Does that sound more like BFS then ALS. Thanks so much.

You are not describing ALS. Yes, widespread twitching points away from it, but so does any ongoing or sporadic twitching without motor function impairment. Muscle popping is more readily perceived when you're tightening up, anxious, and over-conscious of your body. It's like when you get up in the morning and everything can be stiff. Many of us stretch out every morning to get past that part. If you don't, it can last all day.

YouTube has enough ballet, tai chi, qigong, classical stretch and walk-in-place videos to keep you going for years. But get outdoors, too, safely distanced.

Best,
Laurie

To repeat what I posted above you wrote....

Key words... "MAKING MY SELF SICK"

Then, last post...

"Does that sound more like BFS then ALS.

Final answer... YES.

Do you have ALS? NO!

Finally, as Shiftkicker wrote...

"if you are too scared to go to your doctor, you must deal with your anxiety."

Your health is in your hands... not ours anymore.

Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well.
Here’s a quick update. It’s been a month now since I have first experienced Twitching. Almost a little over a week now I have been practicing more ways to calm down my nerves, also have been taking magnesium. My twitching has calmed down a bit, I still have them all over and through out the day, just not like I was. My left knee has been bothering me (Feeling stiff and weak like, with a bit of pain) but I can still of course walk and not trip over lol. I’m 26, but I swear I probably have arthritis. I appreciate you guys and sorry for any problems.

Update, as if today, Twitching is still not like it was at one time, still popping up random and in multiple places at a time. Something else that has been kind of interesting is that the pain in my back that I had over a month ago has come back today. Which I guess should name feel better in a way, because usually Any pain with ALS Doesn’t come and go. My mobility is still good. But now I am now having buzzing like feeling in my left leg, from foot and up. Anyone else have similar experience? Thanks.

Please, unless you've visited with a doctor, there is nothing this forum can do for you. You've been provided with links to anxiety resources, please access them if you are continuing to be affected by anxiety about your health.

You do need to stop as back on July 4 you said it was your last post. Please see a doctor. The people here are terminally ill, or caring for someone who is dying. You can't continue this here.

Do you have any inkling at all as to what the folks here are going through? Any at all? This sub-forum is not here to handhold your health anxiety, it is here to answer questions and then, in 99% of cases, folks should move on because they do not have ALS. This would include you. You said on July third that that would be your last post. Well, you were dishonest and disrespectfully posted again. So, since you do not have this disease, this should be your last post. Go work on your anxiety with a counselor, specifically for nosophobia disorder, and you'll get much further ahead.

Best of luck to you and stay safe.

Still true.... as you wrote and I replied.

Key words... "MAKING MY SELF SICK"

Then you wrote....

"Anyone else have similar experience?"

Not people with ALS but people suffering from Health Anxiety. YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back