Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
I am 17 years old girl. For two weeks I had eye twitching (I have dry eyes) almost a month ago. Now for one or two weeks I have muscle twitching. Sometimes somewhere in my hand , sometimes somewhere in leg, somewhere in stomach twitch for a few seconds. Twitching increases at night after lying in bed. I also had little sharp pain with twitching for some days, but now there is no pain. It's not happening continuously but many times and everyday. But till now I don't have any muscle weakness. Today I discovered that sometimes my fingers shake specially thumb. After searching in Google, I am worried that these are early symptoms of ALS. My parents scold me and said these are nothing. Please someone help me. Do these things mean I am developing ALS?

No, they don't.

When we are more worried about our health than we need to be, often we are worried or stressed by something or someone else. You can ask your parents to help you find someone to talk with about these things, or reach out to a teacher, counselor or other adult you can talk to.

Eye drops are good for dry eyes (Refresh and Genteal are good brands), and twitching often gets better with eating and drinking healthy, and getting enough sleep.

No, nothing you have said suggests ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Warmest thanks for relieving my stress. Your kind words make me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back