Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Baltimore
I made a mistake and I am very sorry.

Yesterday I blocked wright’s ability to post on my threads after he wrote “There is a reason they are physicians and you're not. You can't google your way into an M.D. degree and that is what it appears you're trying to do.” I did this before I saw the post from him that contained the following.

“No one is here to drive you off of this forum and I certainly would like you to stay.

I was simply trying to give you a bit of "tough love" to reign you back a bit and make sure you don't self diagnose yourself with a devestating disease that there is no evidence you have. Sometimes when I do that I come-off a bit brash and I apologize if I made you feel less than welcome.

As I said in your other post: if you have any specific questions, I would be more than happy to answer them. I'm really not a bad guy . . . I promise.”

So all that I could read from wright was the former post while everyone else could see the rest of his posts. Then today I was going back and forth with people who were sticking up for wright when one of them said. “I guess apologies just aren't good enough for some people…” I have since unblocked the rest of his comments and have now seen the apology that you have been able to see all along.

I guess I really can’t defend myself on this boneheaded flop. Please forgive me and please don’t make the mistake that I did. If you decide to block what people say be sure you read all of their remarks first.

Please feel free to let me know how stupid you think I am.

Thanks
Jason
Parkville MD 21234J

Nah, you're not stupid, just human. All everyone here has been trying to tell you is that this forum is here for info & support. Everyone here is great. Every once in awhile a new person joins & for whatever reason, they come off as defensive. We are here to help. We all know how difficult the not knowing is. Please just try to relax a little and hang in there. You will get answers eventually.

hi jason

we all make blunders sometimes,even me:lol:
just try to relax and be yourself,which i,m sure is charming;-):-D

Jason-I answered your PM but now that you have a new user name you will need to let your membership kick in again before you can get PM's.

Most of your questions about what to expect and how ALS is diagnosed have been answered on some of our older threads. I think your best bet is to use this time to poke around the site and read some of the old threads. The search feature on this site saved me a lot of time when I first joined. :smile: Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back