Status
Not open for further replies.
Igelb thankyou for your response I.appreciate it the do.you mean the emg of my legs and arms I had because that is all I had Ihad them about 6 weeks ago with hardly and muscle twitching no I cant even sleep I got muscle twitching all over my body constantly wakes me up or did you mean an intercostal muscle emg which I did not have

Honest John, my last reply on this thread - find somewhere else like an anxiety disorder forum. The PALS here use so much precious energy to support each other and the CALS are tired beyond belief caring for their PALS.

We just lost the most beautiful lady in the world today.

You have no ALS symptoms, please move on and good luck.

> do.you mean the emg of my legs and arms I had because that is all I had Ihad them about 6 weeks ago with hardly and muscle twitching no I cant even sleep I got muscle twitching all over my body constantly wakes me up or did you mean an intercostal muscle emg which I did not have

#1 - Read the **** STICKIES **** all is revealed there. 99.9% of your questions will be answered in the stickies. Especially Sticky " Answer you may get"!

#2 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#3 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for ALS people who often type w/ 1 finger or their eyes, etc., so replying to anxiety-ridden hypochondriacs is pita (pain in the ass).

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#7 Anxiety is what leads many folks here and it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can.

#8 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and it is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. It's downright offensive how there seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

FWIW & IIWII ... For What It's Worth and It Is What It Is!

Lastly, if you are still interested, search for "ALS from both sides" or "the abc's of als"

take a hint and get the **** out off here.

John,
Everyone on here told you your symptoms aren't ALS. So, did the docs. So, please leave forum and find your answers somewhere else. We aren't doctors and we've done all we can for you with the knowledge we have. Good bye and good luck to you.

Im sorry guys I understand .God Bless all of you Thankyou for all the opinions and support

Johnskip, you wrote to my reply, ("Sorry al I dont undeestand please explain"). Many Forums today require you to read a text and numbers from a window then type them in to a window before you can reply to be sure the Thread and all the replies from the OP are not computer generated. Many Forum today are being harassed and clogged up with BOTs. Your original post had some signs of this. Have a nice day.

Sorry al that is incorrect just stated and still do have valid concerns of respitory onset als after being a fitness nut then having bad dyspnea and failing 2 pulmonary respitory muscle strength tests for my intercostals to.be weak there is not to many valid reasons that I see but I hope im wrong along with twitching in every part of my body see docs this week.anxious on what they got to say and I know it is very very rare to.start this way

honestly you dont want to talk to dying people. There are many other things you are more likely to have, few if any of which are fatal. live your life.

Does anybody know any people that had true cases of respitory onset als ?

I no nobody is a doctor and I understand that but I have to vent every neurologist in the city of philadelphia well alot of them.te
Lling me im ok which im estatic about only to keep on getting out of breath at the slighest thing I do documented mild reduction.in respitory muscle function in which the reports say it has to be put in the context of the symptoms and presence of nm disease then I ask them why and neurologist says see pulmonologist just got back today the pulmonologist says your lungs are great but the diaphram and muscles are your problem go back and see neurologist no answers dont know if I am want one but I am totally frustrated and 2 of the neurologosts told me to seek mental help so I did nothing is working sorry for the rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back