Not open for further replies.

Graynorv

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
So a little over a month ago I woke up one night and tried to roll over and my arms were shaky when I would apply pressure on them like I had did a very hard workout. They eventually got better but then I started getting twitching all over my body. I got an MRI and everything was normal. It’s been over a month now and I’m still having twitches and now they’re really bad I’m my right eyebrow and left eye lid and both calves. When I’m laying still it’s like both my calves are constantly worming around and twitching. I’ll get twitches in my arms, my neck, my butt, my feet, and rarely my torso. But none are as bad as my calves and eyebrows. My eyebrow gets triggered when I close my eyes and squeeze tight but for the most part it just does it on its own all through out the day. When I’m active though and walking around, I don’t feel twitching in my legs it’s mainly at rest. I do have health anxiety and I’m very scared of getting ALS. I haven’t had any muscle weakness I would say but when I do do heavy lifting, the next day my right arm will feel a little over exerted and I can’t remember if I had that before all this or not. Can someone please comment and tell me what you think? I can’t live normally when I’m worrying myself sick.

By the way I’m a 24 years old male

I'm sorry you've got yourself so worked up over a disease you completely don't evidence having. The hallmark of ALS is loss of function, not twitching. Twitching means absolutely nothing and when looking at an ALS diagnosis, neurologists don't even factor twitching in. They look for progressive loss of function, something you don't have.

Get more rest, drink lots of water, and go see a counselor about your health anxiety.

I wish you all the best. Take good care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back